Taking off the front fender

xr7cougar101

I'm wondering if anyone knows how hard it would be to take off one of the front fenders. I got into a accident tonight and the fender got a little bit banged up so if I could find a used one for a good price I'm thinking about replacing it, so I just want to know how hard it would be to take off. The hood and the headlight are the only other things that got messed up but I don't think they should be a problem to get off but the fender is making me worry.

Thanks,

Matt

Not bad, two bolts underneath one big one through the door opening and several along the hood seam, a few things in the front behind the blinker. It's the doors that require skill.

Check the header panel, this is the plastic frame that goes across the front end holding everything together. The front edge of the fenders attach to it on each side and they usually crack when the fender gets wadded up.

Vernon

i replaced my left front fender and the bucket for the headlights last weekend. not to difficult of a project. i still need to go back and get the hood to fender gap set right.

wayne...

Back