No brakes error code 122

L

lancemiller

My girlfriend's brother has a 92 SC. Something is wrong with his brake system. The front brakes only work now and you have to push the pedal all the way down and hope it stops. I mean there is no pressure in it at all. Now I'm not sure what he does but he can hook up a battery charger or something to a few wires on the hydraulic pump and they work fine for a few miles then it quits. He had a buddy hook it up to a code reader, but all it said was code 122, but nothing else. Anyone have any idea why this is happening or what this code might mean.
Thanks,
Lance Miller

Yikes. I wouldn't go dropping 12 volts at high amps just across any wires on the ABS system.

Sounds like he is kicking the ABS compressor on to build up some pressure which eventually goes away and you end up back at a hard pedal.

There is a brown relay on the passenger side of the firewall that is for the ABS pump motor. It may have failed thus not turning the pump on. That would be the first thing to try and replace.

Click below for a picture of the engine compartment and notice the labeling for the Anti-Lock Power Relay.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~miketoni/images/tbird/diagrams/locations1.jpg

Back