nitrious questions

blownv6tbird

just curious of anyone who is running nitrious on their sc and how its holding up..i had thought about running like a 50 shot sparyed in after the intercooler? any feed back from someone with any nitrious expirementaion would be thanked.
brandon

Well, not yet but here are some key things for nitrous. Good exhaust, preferably the whole thing done. Cats, downtubes, new or no res and good muffs. If you have miles on it without replacing head gasket then don't do it until they blow or they probably will. If you do do them make sure at least to put ARP head studs for a little extra clamping pressure. Head work is always a plus. Now that I have said that there are a lot of people that have run 50 shots for a long time with no problems. I guess it depends on how much your engine is already built and how hard you're pushing it already. The biggest thing is just being able to get out what you put in.

I just bought a ZEX kit last night. I'll wait and see how it does. I got a 55-75 kit, but i'll be using the 55 to start with and a max of 65. I have a 75mm TB, 5% pulley, IC fan, ported manifolds, custom downtubes with no cats, flowmaster res, and dyno max muffs. I should be fine. I heard a 60 shot takes your times down almost a full sec. at the track. I ran 14.1 with few mods, now i have gears and all new suspension...so with that and the nitrous i hope to see 13.2 or 13.1.

cool. I am going to be buying the Zex kit pretty soon. Let me know how easy it is to install and your numbers at the track.

will do. Seems pretty easy to install. I; going to tap into te rear inlet plenum right before the lower intake. I'm going to try to hide the control box somewhere. I like the zex kit because its easy and pretty safe for a dry kit. It has no micro switches. Very simple. I dont like it cause its mainly an import brand. Thats the only reason i'd hide it.

fastsc92 said:
I dont like it cause its mainly an import brand. Thats the only reason i'd hide it.

How is Zex mainly an "import brand"? The first car I ever saw a Zex kit on was a Cavalier. Just because many people in the import scene use a similar kit, doesn't make it an "import kit".

yes it is owned by comp cams. However, you do see the product advertised on import shows and its based on an import market. The bottle is flaming purple. There are better, more powerful kits out there, but i wanted to keep it simple and safe. Thats why i chose them.

Back