Cornering lights for 93 Thunderbird SC

John Temple

I have a 93 SC that does not have the cornering lights from the factory and I would like to add them. I have found a 92 at the salvage yard equiped with the lights and need to know if the wiring harness is a plug in for my car and if so is there any modifications needed to make them work correctly.
Thanks, John or e.mail at john.temple@delta.com

I think the wiring is already there, and you should only need to plug in the short section that has the light bulb on it. I also think you should be able to put the markers on any bumper cover.
Good luck

the wiring "may" be there

since most things werent changed on 89-93 sc's i would gues it is, HOWEVER, no 1993 SC came from the factory with side marker lights, i have a friend with a 93 that has every option $28k sticker when new (including the rare block heater) and he doesnt have them.

i have seen a 93 on this site before, a red one, that had them so im guessing that person wrecked his car and replaced the bumper with an 89-92.

Cornering Lights Installed

Just to let everyone know I looked behind the bumper cover and found two plugs and after checking the wiring diagram found they were for the cornering lights, I then turned on the turn signals and checked for power with a voltmeter and it had 12 volts to the plug. I went to the salvage yard and got the cornering lights, came home and plugged them in and everything works as designed. Thanks for everyones help.

Great, I thought so. Now, I wonder if you also have a plug for the "Daytime Running Lights"? It is located on the front edge of the rad support, about half way down, on the drivers side, under that black cardboard if you were looking down from the top. We got them and US cars got auto seat belts. What it does is turn the 1/2 powered highbeams on whenever you start the car and are turned off whenever you turn your lights on.

Daytime runnimg lights plug

Yes, there is a large plug located just about where you described that is capped and not plugged into anything. What does it take to hook them up??

Cornering lights for 93

That cap may have a jumper inside it, from what I've read, either the module or the jumper cap has to be there or else the headlights won't work. My 90SC uses Module #15A270 AA, but 93 and up cars/trucks got #15A272-AA price new is about $50.
You only need to plug in the module for them to work. We could always tell when another Bird was coming at you because of these lights. Pulling the e-brake on will turn the off.

Back