What are the faster SCs?

Hellraizer547

I know that the 94s and up are faster because they have an improved supercharger, but do the 1990's have the most potentiel out of the bunch or what? It seems like9 the 190s can be the fastest or it might be a Coincidence but the top 4 SCs are all 1990s. Any thoughts?

Sergio

Remember that 1989 and 1990, FORD produced alot of SC's. That could be the reason or the luck of the draw that the owner just happened to have 90 model!

Calvin

my .02

imho if you want to make a "FAST SC in street trim" try to find a 1993 without a lot of options

my 93 has AOD and thats all, and i believe it to weigh around 3900-4000lbs

the 94-95 are heavier because of the airbags and newer interior and the 89-92 are heavier because of a few different things, the heavier ABS system, and a bunch of unnecessary interior componants (clips and screws here and there that were all but eliminated by the time 1993 rolled around)

so imho, if you want to build a fast stock trim sc, find a stripper 93, which isnt gonna be easy since 1993 is the rarest year behind 1994.

Most of the fastest SC's have been owned by one person for a very long time. That is the only way one can afford to make an SC fast in the first place. So that increases the chances that an early SC will be a faster one. 89's are not that popular because some had a duracast crank and should be avoided for serious performance.

And ya, mine is one of those 90's. ;)

Last edited:
I've owned three SC's. My first was a '90 and now a '91 and '95. Don't ask me why but stock for stock and mod for mod the '90 was the fastest of the bunch. All three started as auto cars also. Now the '90 is dead and buried and the '91 is now close ratio M5R2, the '95 is auto and will stay so.

Coincedence?
:confused:

Vernon

It's simple guys...

'89 was the 1st year and had some problems. For '90, they got it right! :D

Notice what I drive? :p

Sorry to hear about your '90 Vernon - it makes me sad. :(

Hold on there. My first one was an '89. Great car, relatively few problems with it in 243,000 miles. My second one is a '90 and has given me more headaches than the , '89 ever did.

Hey I just thought of something. I don't think it is they year at all. I think it is the color. Titanium seems to be the fastest.

Fur shur, Dude!

Aaron Pedroza said:
Hey I just thought of something. I don't think it is they year at all. I think it is the color. Titanium seems to be the fastest.

Back