Underdrive Pulleys

RBM91

I'm interested in an underdive pulley set, but they slow the water pump down close to 40%. My car doesn't have a cooling problem (it's normal for an SC anyway) but I'm wondering if slowing down the water pump will cause one. So if any of you are running a set, what's your experience been. Thanks.

I've been running under-drives for over 7 years without any problems. I did upgrade to a griffin radiator about 5 years ago, but only because the stock radiator split at the tank seam.

No real probs here. I have been running them for about 5 years. It does get a little hot now that it is well built but that is only when I am running it hard. My fan hasn't been working for a while either.

The only time it will be a problem is at idle. The water pump turns to fast at higher RPM and sometimes cavitates when the thermostat closes. Dropping 40% may be a little too much depending where you live.

I run a 3-row radiator and 180 deg thermostat with my underdrives and find that I run too cold. So, I don't think it is a problem but I live in the noerth east.

Aaron

Back