changing water pump

hytorksc

Can anyone tell me what other parts i will have to remove to change the water pump?

right now i'm thinking the power steering, alternator, upper IC tube. fortunately i have an aftermarket radiator with slim fan- lots of room in front.

thanks-

I just did mine last week.
Take off the power steering pump pulley then the bracket that goes from the water pump to the ps pump, then the water pump belt and all the hoses goin to the pump, remove the crank position sensor cover. Unbolt the pump and take it off.

You'll need a special tool to remove the pwr steering pump pulley. You can borrow one from just about any auto parts store. You don't need to remove the alternator or the upper IC tube. You may need to remove the IC itself though to get room for the tool.

You shouldn't need to remove the fan even it it were the original.

Good luck.

The reason you have to remove the power steering pump pulley is so that you can remove one of the bolts that hold the power steering/alternator bracket to the engine. However, I have replaced at least three of these water pumps and never removed the power steering pulley. It's just a PITA to loosen that bolt that's behind there. But it can be done.

Back