pics of sub box in progress

Tazer999

pics of sub box in progress (*updated*)

Here is a pic of the sub box in progress. I still have a lot of work to do, but its gettin there. Next step is hinging the false floor to the sub box so that it can swing up, then making a recessed amp mount in the spare tire well. Then time to carpet all of that, and have some side panels made up with temperature displays for the amps, and controls for the blue neons everywhere.

Then it will be ready for sound offs

DSC00057.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Four 12s (I am guessing from the pic)? What else does your system consist of? I assume you work for an install shop. I do too. I am in the process of thinking up a system for my SC. So far I have old-school kenwood dual-mag 6" seperates in front and dual-mag 6" coaxals in the back. One KAC-PS200 runs 2 old Orions and another KAC-PS150 runs the fronts. My deck is bottom-of-the-line Alpine CDM7833 (powers the rears)from years ago (previous owner had it installed). It sucks because it only reads CD-Rs half the time and has no preouts! But it does have changer controls oddly enough...

I am planning on getting the KVT915DVD soon and maybe 2 12" Eclipse aluminum subs.

Actually they are 10's 4 12's across the width of the trunk would have been a nightmare. The 10's were the easiest approach, although I did have a pretty sweet idea for 3 15's.

As for me workin in an install shop nope. I just do stereo installs as a hobby. I picked up woodworking from my dad and grandpa at an early age and I have been doin it till now (I am 19).

As for the rest of the system. I have an eclipse head deck and kenwood speakers. The fronts are going to be changed to 6.5" components, and the rears I will stay with my 6x9's. I don't yet have amps for anything, but I will probably go with Planet Audio again. They were serving me well till they got stolen

You might already know about this site but if not it provides a ton of help to make audio stuff better:D

over @ http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/

It would be cool to drop some W7s or e12As into those slots.. lol that would cause earthquakes.

Very nice setup Tazer.. I bet it will look awesome with the neons & amps installed, I'll be waiting for those pics!

Goodluck..

Actually I did not know about that site. Thanks for the link man, time for me to do some more reading

As for more pics, I will probably have it carpeted by monday and the amp area cutout and ready. I will post pics after that is all completed, :D

Digitalchoas...

Digitalchaos said:
You might already know about this site but if not it provides a ton of help to make audio stuff better:D

over @ http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/

I didn't know about this site and now I am going to have to check it out... I have some questions on car audio that it looks like they could help with.... so many things to do, not enough hours in the day :D

Thanks for the link.

some questions

Tazer, I am in the process of doing a similar set-up and have 2 questions.
1) Did you port the boxes on top and if so, did you or are you going to cut away any of the back deck? (how did it go if you did)

2) I am assuming you took down the trunk tray, so do you know what the wires looped up from the drivers side are for? They are taped up and led into the big block of wires that were within the trunk tray to control the ABS and amp. If I can cut those out, it would be so much easier, but if they are break lites, I will have to break down the big strap of wires that I don't want to do.

Nope, I didn't port through the top, and I also did not remove the computer tray. The box has a false front on it which goes up all the way to the top of the trunk and rests against the computer tray. Here is a pic of what I mean

Attachments

• sub box in car painted 1.jpg
    sub box in car painted 1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 302
That is really nice Tazer. I look forward to the finished product. You putting run-flat tires on the SC? :p Nice work and you still have a good bit of usable trunk space. For now, right? ;)

Actually I can still fit the spare tire in the spare tire well easy, :D

Once I put the amp in there though I am not quite sure what to do with the spare. I will still have a fair amount of trunk space afterwards though if all goes according to plan

Time for another update.

First pic I got the sub box and fake floor installed into car and carpeted. I have the oval cut for the amp display but have not yet trimmed all the carpet and glued it to fit into the curves.

Second pic is the plexiglass window that will cover the amp.

Third pic is the plexiglass window installed into the fake floor and the carpet wrapped and glued to the oval.

Fourth pic is how the window looks at nite with the neons on.

8.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

10.jpg

looks awsome. just one question how did you deal with the trunk springs. are they behind the false front or did you remove them?

Well seeing as you are sort of local to me I could probably do that.

What kind of system are you thinking of? (amount of subs and size of subs)

Hey Tazer999, nice work! I was also considering running 4 tens in mine. Crutchfield has the old infinity references on sale for $50 a piece and I might have to jump on that. But I was wondering how did you get the plexiglass mtx logo to look white durning the day and still allow the neon to show through? I'm also curious about your 3 15's idea if you would care to share. I'm more of a rock guy, so these might be to boomy for me but I'm still interested in something different or new.
Thanks a lot,
Julian

(added) How does it sound?

Last edited:
Well have u seen 92SCdoughboy's car? He's got the subs built in rite behind the drop down seats so u can drop the seat and have the subs facing in. I heard its very hard to get bass outta our cars so thats sumthing i've wanted to do eversince i got our SC. I'm thinking 2 or 3 12" Pioneer competition subs. My only problem is that computer tray. I want the subs mounted in the middle of the space and not offset to the lower. Y'kno wut i mean? Well, tell me wut u think and wut it'll run me ok?

lookin good bro. i have the same setup. you can get lots of bass in a bird. i took second place last year in the local db drag with three infinity kappa perfects 164.33 db's. 1001-1500 watt class.
joe

Back