Hood Latch Difficulties

Killer SC

I figured this would have been posted b4 but I couldn't find anything doing a search. So here's the problem...My hood isn't closing properly, well i shouldn't say that, it closes just fine, but instead of a nice gentle push to get it to lock, it has to get dropped pretty good for it to lock. I tried spraying in some WD40, but that did nothing. Does this happen often, i really don't want to be slamming my hood down to close it. is there anything I can do? is something misaligned? I don't know, i tried a bunch of stuff. I'm gonna try to lower the rubber stops but as of right now they are stuck in place.

btw this is on a 90sc

OLD THREAD ...... but STILL unanswered!

Killer SC said:
I figured this would have been posted b4 but I couldn't find anything doing a search. So here's the problem...My hood isn't closing properly, well i shouldn't say that, it closes just fine, but instead of a nice gentle push to get it to lock, it has to get dropped pretty good for it to lock. I tried spraying in some WD40, but that did nothing. Does this happen often, i really don't want to be slamming my hood down to close it. is there anything I can do? is something misaligned? I don't know, i tried a bunch of stuff. I'm gonna try to lower the rubber stops but as of right now they are stuck in place.
:confused: ~"I have the SAME problem, and my hood-release-cabel is SO hard I'm afraid it's gonna break off with the next pull! ANYbody with an answer??"

The hood latch can be adjusted up/down and sideways by loosening the two black bolts on either side of it.
If you need additional sideways adjustment, loosen the four body-color bolts that hold the 15" long "bracket" that's behind the latch.

Back