Almost made me sick

boosc

Today at one of the many junk yards here in columbus, I found a anniversary sc completely trashed. To make it worse it was a rare 5 speed. Everything was gone, engine, wheels, badges, seats were trashed, body wasn't wrecked but was rough. It's just a shame. Sad site to see.:mad:

Well.....

I definately share your pain. I was not aware that 5speeds were rare with the anniversary models. My brother has one and his is an Auto when I think about it.:(
DB91

To tell you the truth I WISH I could find an SC in a junkyard out here, then I could get a front bumper and possibly another trans. Heck I'd probably buy the whole car

you guys should come to long island, there was atleast 3-4 sc's in one oif the yards i go to, and theres 2 or 3 xr7's and 2 other sc, in another and one in another yard. all these junk yards are on the smae road right next to each other. the first junkyard had an anniversay about 3 yeas ago when i needed a rear cover to go with the rest of my sc gfx on my 91 base (it got totaled a week after i got it on) and i went back there in sept to get some things and most of that same car was still there, it was sad to see.

You guys are lucky to have junkyards with SCs in them. I visited/called probably at least 50 junkyards around here (western PA) and no one had any SCs.

Did you try any in Indiana? i know there is one ford junkyard there, among others. I'm from western PA as well.

Hmm...I'm not sure if I tried any in Indiana....I visited all the local junkyards and then picked up the phone book and called every place that was listed. If your in western PA, give me a shout....maybe we could get together sometime. LZ1276@zoominternet.net

There is a Junkyard in Flint that had a couple of SC last year, one was a Anniversarry similar to what you are describing, no major body damage, just trashed though. I nabbed a few parts off it, The emblems were all gone, the seats were there, but trashed since the glass was all gone. It looked like someone had spray painted the car all black too.

Brandon,

Just got to know where to look man....I have a yard near Beaver Falls, PA that has several SC's in it.......at least they were there the last time I made the trip. They have had SC's for over 2 years I have been going there.

Duffy, do you know the name of the yard? I might have to check it out, although I'm not really looking for anything in particular right now.

If you run searches for SC specific parts on this site you'll find a bunch of them.

www.car-part.com

My biggest junk-yard find was a '95 five speed with 56K on it. It was Pearl White with tan leather. Came from San Antonio. Looked like it got smacked on three sides at once, maybe a multi car pileup. Nothing major but too much to fix.

It had a K&N filter, MN12 Perfromance Intercooler fan, Magnum Powers Top. The only thing missing was the dampener. I bought the complete engine to tranny, the gauge cluster, and got the hi po parts for free.

I spent $1200+ and had to provide an SC motor core with supercharger so I gave up my junkyest stuff.

This kind of find only happens twice so who's next? LOL

Vernon

Brandon,

Yes I know the name. Contact me privately since I don't want every parts vulture in the area decending on the yard and stripping all the cars.

DuffyF56@stagate.net

A While back I bought a core motor complete without the SC for $900.00 Saw it run before they pulled it.

Boosc, I live just out side of Columbus in Hilliard. That 35th you found in the junk yard was prabably my old one. It was hit on the passanger side just passed the door. After the acident it would not turn over anymore and was deamed totalled. The vin # is 1FAPP64R9LH161982. It was a shame, I really loved that car, so a couple months later I traveled to Virginia and got another one. It is a five-speed too. I swiped the badges and wheel center caps from the old one. What junk yard did you find it in? I would like to go and look at it.

Shane

1990 Thunderbird SC 35th Anniversary Edition
10% pulley, intercooler fan, Totyco shocks and Struts
Short throw shifter.

quick35th,
The junkyard was called worthman's on e.main st,around the whitehall area i think. They also had another sc there think it was a 94 auto, white with grey interior. If they let you back there the sc's are in the very back left corner of the yard.

Back