maf question

joenintiesc

Will a 76mm C&L maf with a sampling tube for 42# injectors on a 94-95 SC also work on a 90SC (with 42# injectors)? Or do I need a sampling tube specifically calibrated for a 90SC?

Thanks

Thanks! But the website doesn't even show a sample tube for a 94-95... So I can't verify if it is different. Also, is the color tube supposed to match the color of the injectors?

Yes, the site does, under MAF applications, look for the SC's. orange I beleive what you need. I am looking to one for the same car too. I'm looking for a price on that.

Ok, I'm getting confused here. This is what it says under MAF applications:

Even though the 1989-1992 models came from the factory with 30lb injectors, and the 1993-1995 models came with 36's, they all use the same calibration. This is because the injector calibration is handled by the computer, and not the MAF unit.

For injector applications larger than stock, please contact us or a knowledgable distributor of our products to ensure that you are receiving the correct product.

PART# APPLICATION PRICE
111 73mm MAF for Thunderbird Super Coupe 1989-1995 $169.00
124 76mm MAF for Thunderbird Super Coupe 1989-1995 $189.00

So according to this there is no difference between the years. But your first reply you said I would need the correct sampling tube. Then you clarified it by saying I would need the orange. But the first link you posted shows orange as being for 36-38#:

36-38lb Injectors (89-93) Orange Tube (097)

But like I said, I will be using 42# injectors.

I'm just trying to determine if a 76 maf for a 94-95 with sample tube for 42# injectors will work on a 90 with 42# injectors...

I am possibly buying this from a friend, so I don't know how helpful C&L would be since I'm not getting it from them...

That sounds right ... the factory MAF is the same on 91 - 95 SC, even though the injectors are different on 94 - 95. The EEC-IV computer is calibrated for the bigger squirters on the late cars.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

The 76mm unit for a '90 and 42# injectors needs a "Purple" sampling tube. I have an '89 and was going to run 42s but I've decided to go with 50s so I have a purple tube that I'm not using sitting on the desk in front of me.

Let me know if you want it.

BrianO@ProgressiveEng.com

Thanks for the offer, Brian! How much do you want for it? And just to clarify one more time - the sampling tube for a 94-95 would be different, then - (all else being equal)?

Sorry about that, I guess I got confused too. I read thru that stuff. I guess I never took it all in. The samlping tube should be the same then. 42lbs injectors in either car would need the correct tube.

Back