Are stick and auto TBs linkage the same?

Shockwave

I am doing a Mustang 75mm TB linkage swap, and I want to buy another TB for the donor linkage. Is there a difference between 5-speed and auto throttle bodys? If anybody has some pics please post.

Jerry

5-speeds just have an open hole for the grommet, everything is interchangeable, pay attention to the throttle stop and the butterfly orientation, with the linkage swap it goes a few deg past WOT

Jerry,

I think they are all the same, the 5 speed and late model automatics just don't use the TV cable connection. I think I still have my old 55mm TB lying around. Let me know if you want it.

David

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I tried calling BBK and man do they have poor customer service. Call first number to California my expense just to get another number in California and their e-mail address. Called tech support number and all you get is voice mail. Left my number, but they never call me back. Then I e-mail them at bbkperformance@hotmail.com (not listed on their website) and get back a response that they need a copy of my receipt to prove I am original owner. All I wanted to know was if I could buy the SC linkage and shaft assembly by itself. I tried buying 75mm SC BBK from mn12performance, but they are on back order until mid May. PJ called Edelbrock and they say it's discontinued.

It wouldn't suprise me that production is stopped on these parts. Seems that only 70mm ones are left instock. I haven't tried supercoupeperformance yet I will e-mail and see if they are available.

If I have a donor TB linkage I will make the Mustang one work and I will make the WOT stop. I am real picky on this stuff so it will be right or I wont use it.

Jerry

mustng%20TB%20linkage.jpg

heres a halfass way with no welder:eek:

the nuts/bolts and hose clamps are throttle stops

Works great...

I have done a few of them now...Very happy with the results.

I have a great source for 75MM Tbodies...@ 160bux shipped you can't really beat it...They are Polished and all dat...Nice piece...

Mail: cudaz101@yahoo.com

Brad

Back