Quick help please!!!

Aaron Pedroza

I am going to get my car smogged. I can't get small quantities of methanol around but I have a bunch of isoprophyl alcohol. Will it hurt to put this in the tank?

Aaron,

Whats the problem with the car that you think it wont pass??? If you think the mods you have wont let it pass, talk to Mike (35thSC), he knows a guy who is leniant if it looks "not stock". Also, if its heavily modded and u think it will run dirty...John Shelton has no problem passing, and his car is wickedly modded.

Al

MAF isn't calibrated, using a calibrator now but I have a huge cam and it has a real lumpy idle. It didn't pass before but it was real close with a gallon of methanol in it. I added a cat on it now and the MAF is dialed in pretty good but I wanted some insurance.

You'll probably be O.K.

Where we usually fail is the NO, and the cat's are the culprit for that. Good Luck. ;)

Lee

Hmmm, pretend it cost you $500 to get that fixed ;) and by law, I think they have to pass you or give you the okay to register. Seriously, I don't think you'll have a problem with the cat in place. Were you testing without cats before?

Al

Ya, didn't have cats before. I know I should be fine now but I just didn't want to be a gross polluter. Was pre test before so it didn't count.

Wow, good to know you ALMOST passed without cats. So as soon as I get some on my car and take it over to get it tested, it should pass with flying colors! I was a bit worried with the 36 lbs injectors since the car runs a little rich sometimes when its cold.

Al

Back