IS this a good price

moody moodz

On Dec 21st- my birthday my 94 s/c blew.. the dealer told me he would find the engine...he pay for labor as long as i paid for the engine

sounds like a deal...

three months goes by and he never found me and engine. Said that he wanted me to get the cheapest one possible.

Well I decided to go down Advance Auto and just buy me a brand new rebuild with a 3 year warrenty for about $2100

and I was told it would be in about 14 days

Is that a good deal?.. I don't want to think that I was being crazed when I bought it..cause I had gone so long without my car..

please let me know.. and is there anything i should do .. before puttin the Engine in..

Moody Moodz

I would go through as much of it as possible and check the torque on everything. Autozone and Advance both get their engines from the same place and we have had some complaints on some motors. I would just suggest checking the torque on all major components. Other than that you should be ok.

A few things here....

1. What "blew" on your engine? Head gaskets, thats an easy fix and you won't need a new motor.

2. I work at Auto Zone and I can get you a MUCH cheaper price on a remanufactured engine, but if you already spent the money then too late.

3. I have pulled many of the engines out of the crates to find missing bolts on rocker arms and stuff not tightened. The engines are good, just for some reasons the assembler is lazy or leaves out bolts.

4. Before I dropped in that new engine I'd pull the heads off it on an engine stand and put in the Fel-pro head gaskets. Then replace the head bolts, torque them to spec, and then put it back in your car. I believe you will have to use your valve covers as the passenger side one is no longer available. Well maybe a 94's is, but an 89-93 Valve cover w/ oil fill is no longer available.

Back