Gotta Love Fords, but...

xracer9x

ight hears my problem, i have a leak that of which, i believe is coming from a hose that is about 6 inches long. i have fluid all over my crank, and it seems to be coming from this hose, that i have no clue what it is! this hose is located under the supercharger snout to the right, it seems to be an easy access hose, would take bout 45 seconds to change it, but i dunno what it is, or what it does. any information would be great!
Thanks
Mike

And it's leaking what? Air, Oil, P/S Fluid, Coolant?

Power Steering lines run below the crank, behind the oil filter just under the oil pan along the cross member.

Coolant bypass hose? This one attaches the water pump to the thermostat housing. If it's leaking down onto your crank your crank sensor will start to fail within a week, good news is once you fix the leak you can pressure wash the crank sensor area at the car wash to make it work correctly again. But based on your obvious lack of automotive knowledge you are screwed on this one. Crank sensors can't tolerate coolant residue so they must be cleaned or replaced. Get out your wallet.

Let's see, oil is thick, sippery, and dark brown to black, taste like ka ka, leaves a dirty scum. Power steering fluid is thin, red, slippery. But hey so is transmission fluid, both leave a clean mess. Coolant is greenish, watery, taste sweet, leaves a tan chalky residue.

Vernon

LOL, fluid ID for the totally lost. I had just drank a couple of beers so I may or may not have been rational. Hopefully that's as bad as I got.

Vernon

Back