'95 heads & manifolds

Ryan A Harris

I was wondering if the manifolds and heads from an early model SC will be a dierct bolt on to a '95? I have heard that the '94-'95's had a different head casting, so I am not sure if they will work or not.

Are we talking intake or exhaust manifolds ? The lower intake is exactly the same for all years, even the 95 cars have an 89 casting # piece. Exhaust manifolds will bolt up the same, but the 94 - 95 R/S manifold has a different outlet location, and the EGR tube hookup is changed as well. The heads have different valve cover mounting rails, so I think that you need to use the 89 - 93 covers and gaskets with the earlier heads. I've heard that the coolant passages may have been revised slightly on the later heads as well, not sure on that though.

There are many people running early heads on late cars, and vice-versa.

cheers
Ed N.

Yes they are interchangeable as Ed said. As are the exhaust manifolds, with the pass side collector being in a different location.

Jeff

Anyone know why the collector angle changed from 93-94 on the passenger side? I just ran into this problem myself last weekend when I was installing a set of manifolds from a 90 that I ported. Didn't even notice the difference until I put the one from the 90 in the car and the exhaust didn't bolt up (that's when parts cars come in handy, just grabbed the y pipe from one of my 89-93 MN12's).

Probably because the engineers were bored, and needed something to do. We've come to the conclusion that's why so many stupid little things get changed over the years on Fords. :rolleyes:

cheers
Ed N.

Back