Supercharger seal

xracer9x

I have done my research on the supercharger snout seal, and i see that the best so far is the chicago rawhide viton seal # 7968. I was wondering, what special tools you need to remove a 5% overdrive pulley. I have every impact wrench on the planet, but do you need to have something to actually take the pulley off of the shaft? after that you remove a clip, im kinda unsure on what to do from there. I hate the noise its making, so any help would be great, Thanks
Mike

supercharger snout

The noise seems to sound like bearings that are not oiled, not like something is broken or dislogded. It does seem to be leaking, but if i do get in there and change the seal, from there will i be able to tell whether the coupler or bearing are messed up?

I hate this

I have searched every auto parts store within 50 miles of my home for a chicago rawhide seal #7968, and the other lower models. No place sells them or has a crossreference, i want to seal up this baby, so i can get it in good condition, i dont want to do any more damage. If someone knows of a location in southern jersey, that would be great, if not, how do i get one?
Thanks
Mike

The best seal for the snout is a CR 7966 or TCM 20X47X7TC. I have access to as many as U can want. I will sell and send U one if U email me. I can provide a kit of all the bearings, new coupler, and the seal.

PS very nice photo!

Thanks

Thanks for all the info, one last question.... how can i get my pulley off (5%) without removing the upper radiator hose? Also if you sell the seal/ kit, email me at xracer9x@hotmail.com or leave me your email address with prices, i can not do the click here email thing, thanks for everything
Mike

Also, since the oil sprayed my engine, and taht stuff stinks like all hel l, i refuse to use my air or heat b/c of the nasty odor, any ideas on how to remove this smell/ oil, im working on the car all day tomro so any ideas, ill try, Thanks
Mike

Back