PDA

View Full Version : In need of some help please

MacMaster
04-07-2003, 03:06 AM
I keep getting this annoying problem with my tachimeter It will suddnly just drop and the "check engine" light comes on

After a while the car starts to "cough" and it makes the tach jump a bit but it stays dead then after a while it will just go back to normal and the check engione light goes off!!!

I recently had the DIS, crank pulley and harmonics balancer replaced and after all that work the problem faded until last week when it came back!!

Also I have to be honest the exhaust seems to have a rip somewhere I still have to find it and I have duals running so perhaps a vacuum leak some where?

I LOOVE this car and I will most definitely gett it fixed so IŽll be most grateful for any Ideas as to what it might be.

Thanks

Aaron Pedroza
04-07-2003, 11:14 AM
Cam sensor. Replace it and it will be fixed.

Mike8675309
04-07-2003, 11:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken, that sounds like a Cam sensor problem, not any of those other parts you already replaced. The cam sensor directly drives the Tach.

With the check engine light, I'd first pull the codes to see what the engine computer thinks the problem is. But while you do that, check the connector for the cam sensor to make sure it isn't lose or has damaged wires.

Here is a thread on the cam sensor replacement:
http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14930&highlight=cam+sensor+tachometer

MacMaster
04-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys IŽll check it first thing tomorrow !!! :)