What do I need to install Autometer oil pressure?

Mike Manzo

I am looking to order the electrical oil pressure gauge from Autometer and was wondering in addition to the gauge, what do I need to make sure I order everything in one shot.

I am assuming that the gauge comes with the sender, but if anyone knows of any other items I would need, that would be awesome..

Thanks a lot!!

Mike

I prefer all electrical gauges. Mechanical oil gauges make me nervous 'cause they route oil all the way up to the gauge. If you've ever had one leak on the floor, you understand. :) So I have Autometer Phantom oil pressure and coolant temp electrical gauges in a 2 gauge pod on the pillar. The temp sensor is where the factory dash sensor goes (by the t-stat, so I lost the stock 'idiot light' gauge I prefer seeing numbers) and I bought a brass T-fitting for the oil pressure. It's a tight fit, but since I ditched the steel plate/support from the water pump > PS pump it's fairly easy to install. The stock sending unit just squeaks in and the Autometer unit is in the other side of the tee. I think they're 1/4" NPT since that's what the block opening is.

Last edited:
Back