Anyone installed aftermarket boost gauge? How?

Mike Manzo

Just wondering how anyone has installed an aftermarket boost gauge in an SC.

I know the locations to gain access to the vac lines as well as the nipple on the tube in the engine compartment, but I am speaking of how to connect the gauge itself to the vac line.

There is a vacuum junction under the dashboard that could allow the use of both the stock and aftermarket gauge by installing a vac-T instead of the junction, but what has anyone used to connect to the back of the gauge itself and ultimately to the vac line or to the car?

Just curious...I plan on ordering about $500 in gauges for my 94 and want to make sure I get the right ones. I plan on ordering the 20psi boost/vac UltraLite pro-comp from Autometer.

Thanks

Mike

Gauge pod and vacuum line, easy one. I drilled a hole through the insulation between the engine compartment and the passenger compartment. Right at the base of the A-pillar.

Now that I have a digi camera, I can take pics of mine. It's an Autometer Phantom in the dash right were the stock one goes. Took some time, but I think it looks pretty slick and near factory appearing. I'll try and take the pics tonight.

Back