M5r2 Transmission

aplvlydrtybird

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone was selling a REBUILT M5R2 5speed manual trans. for my 1991 sc!!! My transmission has seen better days and I am looking for a transmission to put in on a weekend, so i can take mine out and learn more about it and then rebuild that one to sell it or whatever i guess i decide to do, but if anyone can help with my Q then write me back. Thanks alot guys!

Do you have a level 10 nearby?
The rebuild is not that expensive...runs from maybe 700 to $1500 depending on how much you do.

level 10???

Level 10 is a trans. shop i am assuming, and i am not sure if there is one where i live, i like in apple valley, MN. And for rebuilding purposes, i will be able to take my trans. out and put it back in, i just need the rebuild kit

In Minnesota the big chain is Kennedy Transmission but most are owned by a local guy that runs them real well. Never has his shops not been recommended.

I've also heard of a transmission shop in Lakeville, I think, that is supposed to be run by a guy that does real good jobs.

But, as you can imagine, most transmission shops are on top of the Auto's, not the manuals.

In AV there is Dakota Transmission, Kennedy Transmission, and Transmission Doctor. I'd call them or stop by and feel them out on their competence. You might even talk to someone they've done work for before. Since there are 3 shops in town, you have some room for some competition if they want your business and are certain they are capable.

transmission

So how much do you think it will cost me if i hand them the transmission with the rebuild kit with me. And if you knew where i could find good prices on a rebuild kit???thanks

Last edited:
No idea. It shouldn't cost any more than what others have paid, and I haven't had to get mine done...yet.

I can't imagine you could pick up a rebuild kit cheaper than the shop, but you can certainly try.

I'd just call or stop by a few shops in town and ask them those questions. See what you think of their operation.

Back