Lentech VB questions..

blown11

What exactally is the difference between the Lentech VB and all the otehr shift kits? I am aware that it has much better performance, but for what reasons?

Also how hard is it to install a Lentech VB over a regular shift kit? Would I have to have a shop install this? What price would it be for a shop to install?

-lance

Its easier to install than a shift kit. You just remove the old valve body and then reinstall the new one. Put in a new filter and gasket, fill with fluid, run it through the gears, check the fluid, and go.

A shift kit you pull your valve body out and drill it and change out the springs and so forth.

You have full control of the car with the lentech which NO shift kit will give you even the transgo.

Took us about 1.5 hours to put it in and that was taking our time. Now it'd be a 35 minute job.

Thanks that cleared it up alot.

But one more question, what exactally do you mean full control?

1 is 1st gear, D is 2nd gear, and OD is 3rd. You flip a switch and you get overdrive on or off. You can run around in 2nd and not worry about hurting the transmission. Also when its shifts.... you will leave a patch of rubber if you are on the throttle pretty good.

Chris this is for the 89-93 AOD only. It pretty much makes it like a 4R70W in the way that you can hold your gears until you upshift it yourself. It does however shift very firm unlike a 4r70w does. You best bet would be to do the j-mod on your valve body which will allow for firmer shifts and also have a computer chip burned for your transmission.

I just got my car back Saturday, damn its low. I bet you also notice that you have to watch for pot holes more now, and be careful entering and exiting parking lots :D

Back