Bucking SC, then runs Great

specialk16

I have a 90SC 5spd 10% OD 140K miles ran like a top until lately.
Car drives perfect, then all of the sudden it starts to buck, like it dropped a cylinder, may do this for a few seconds-a few minutes, then runs & drives perfectly again. also while sitting & idling the same thing happens, runs perfect, then idles roughly, up & down fron 600-900 Rpm, might do this a few minutes, then smoothes out & runs perfect. It seems like a sensor, could it be the IAC?
anyone out there ever experience this:confused: Keith

My car does the same thing at idle, whether warm or cold, it sucks, but i am still looking on a way to fix this, if you get any info, email me at xracer9x@hotmail.com it would be greatly appreciated

Bucking

I have had the same experiences twice and each time it was the cam sensor, about $35.00. Good luck,
Ed

Same thing happened to my car. Change the CAM position sensor.
$35 from auto zone. Easy to change. Search on CAM position sensor, you will find article and steps to change it.
good luck

cam sensor

camshaft sensor assembly is not a easy as going to a part store and "throwing it in".
1. set #1 cylinder to 26 degrees after top dead center of the compression stroke.
this is the first step in 17 steps the haynes do-it-youself book
i would like to put a new sensor in my car but i have no idea where to start.
p.s not one word of the first step makes any damn sense to me.

can someone help?

Im sure its a simple bolt on unless you take out the cam sensor housing and disturb the timming. The whole shaft that is.

Changing the Cam Sensor is very simple, the hardest part is finding the right sized wrench to take it off. I think its a 5.5mm, just take them off and put the new 1 on, nothing complex.
It could also be the Air Bypass Valve, behind the SC on the drivers side, if it is sticking, the same thing can happen while under boost, I just spray it with WD40 to fix. Good luck.

Last edited:
my bad

youre right changing the cam sensor is actually really easy, i was looking at the instructions on how to change the cam sensor and the synchronizer assembly.

Back