Throttle Body????

MysticGohan51

ok i have a question and im not exactly sure if someone can help me but have nothing to lose......if im thinking right if you are looking at your engine....in the top left would be the throttle body. There is a spring type object that moves back and forth because it is attached to some metal piece. Then a little to the left there is another spring object that looks like it has a spot to clip into the metal piece but it isn't connected... at the end of the spring though there is a little plastic piece which looks like it is suppose to connect to the metal piece that moves.. i know this isn't a great description...but maybe someone who knows a lot about this car will know what i am talking about.....

thanks a lot...

Sounds like your car has an auto trans. The upper cable is for the throttle and the lower cable is the TV cable that goes to the trans and controls line pressure. You can destroy a tranny very quickly if that cable is not hooked up or mis-adjusted!

You must re-install that cable. If it will not stay in the plastic grommet, Ford makes a brass replacement part (F3SZ-7H303-B).

yes i have an automatic transmission.....and mine can get ruined by not having that in there....how fast would that happen....i drove about 10 miles all together with it like that....and went up to 55mph but didn't slam on the gas......how much is the part you have any idea....thanks again....

It can happen relatively quickly. I would at least try to put it back in the opening if the plastic grommet is still there. Do you have any idea why it was out?

The brass grommets are around $5, I believe. I hope they are still available! You never know with Ford.

If you need to adjust, here is an article from the TCCoA on adjusting. I would not recomment cutting the marks with a hacksaw as described in the article.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/tv-ajust/index.shtml

well actually it was luck.....i just looked there for some reason and it was hanging there.....it looked like it was suppose to attach to the metal piece but it wasn't......so i figured id ask on here....the car has been sitting....so i was curious as to what the deal was....thanks for your help man...

I bought all that my dealer had in stock and then I went to another Ford dealer and bought all they had in stock. Then I was handing them out at one of the St. Louis meets to all the AOD guys.

They were like $1.59 for the bushing and cotter pin.

Back