Behind Bars 11 second "Silver Bullet"

"Work being Done"
She's in the shop getting Roll Bar put in scheduled to be done Thursday in time to continue my quest for number 1 low 11's bring the power up on the car

Its going to be nice swing out side bar removable back bar guy does beautiful work. going to be a nice street machine going to put her into competition this year win some races and some money.want to show other people our cars can run with the best

Looking good guys ;)

4130 Light weight

It will be light!
Made of 4130 Chrome Molly half the weight of mild steel they are going to cut and fit all bars cost a lot more than mild steel but so much lighter

The swing out door bar will be trick as well the back bar so when I drive on the street wont be in the way and nice looking

Cant wait to get it back ;)

Hey Jim!

Do you know of any LA area shops with a dyno that are SC friendly? A few that I called either didn't want to be bothered or the dyno was broken or didn't know how to operate( main mech was on vacation). There is a shop in Orange Co. but I haven't had the time to drive out there(GRC Performance). Would happen to have any tips? Thanks.

Chris will do

I will get some nice pictures and total cost ;)
Going to look nice and safe black interior and black roll bar with special made padding that snaps around the door bar

Got to get a thin fire proof racing jacket another NHRA rule if going 11's or quicker but better to be safe and alive

Yeah yeah yeah, you're right. You can't have swing out side bars on fast cars though :p

On another note, I did come across a requirement for a harness on cars running 11.99 and quicker - stock seatbelts won't do. Not really an issue when you have a cage, but could be a bit of a pain on a stock car...

Last edited:
Tbirdboy,

Check out Swanson Performance in Torrance. The guy is a Mustang tuner. A whole bunch of us from the Southern California chapter went there as a group for a Dyno Day. The owner's name is Danny Swanson, he's a really nice guy. Has a wide band O2 sensor as well.

Al

Wire Nightmare

Talk about wires :(
Boy to put a roll bar in is fun the floor wire harneses on both sides of the floor big deep gutters Nice

But its coming along good looking nice door bar will be trick help car with flex on the awesome 60ft times this car gets. with my driving looking to get 1.50's 60 ft times nice work

Will post pictures soon ;)

I think NHRA requires that 4130 be TIG'd.

The door bar will be trick if you hook it up to a remote solenoid so you can open it with a remote... and wrap it all in pink padding.

i know, i was just testing him:D
hmm pink for mo power, I never thought of that, as long as its "real" foam padded around the drivers area I'm sure its NHRA legal

Back