how fast??

twindragons187

ok, if your in drive and over peg 120 mph at 3500 rpm, how fast would you be goin in overdrive at 5300 rpm?? i'm just a little curious on how fast i had my sc.

Go to www.302cobra.com then click on tech, then click on speed by gear calc. Then input the tire size rear end ratio and then the transmission gear ratios. You can find these on the Road and Track article that is posted on www.sccoa.com in the areticles section.

It's about 215 mph, but you'll never get there without a LOT more power to overcome drag.

Jeff

well, i just looked it up and at 5200 rpm in overdrive, it said i was doin 177 mph on stock 225-60-16 tires. i guess this means i don't have a speed limiter....and i've noticed that when i get on the throttle, the faster i go and the more boost i get. i had the boost go from 13 psi to 15. i had bout a 3 mile stretch to do this on.

It's not possible for you to do 177 mph. It can't be done on a stock SC It's impossible. You were slipping in overdrive like a big dog. I bet it probably doesn't even work anymore does it?

Now I am not mad or flaming it's just a fact you can't do much over 140 with stock HP levels.

Jeff

If you were doing that on the stock drivetrain, you were just begging for something to break. Be glad the driveshaft didn't go, it could have turned into one massive catapult.

well, i've noticed that when you put cam 2 fuel in these cars, watch out.....it will sit you back in your seat....and no the od don't work....now the whole tranny is shot....tried to get it unstuck over winter to move it in the garage....didn't work...one more thing, when the tranny worked, i used to churp 3rd.

Yah, your od was ****ed because your not gonna hit 177 mph. I know for a fact I can do more then 142mph and thats only with a few modifications but I am not even going to try more then 150

hey, i'm just goin on what the speed cal. said...thats all, i really don't know how fast i was goin, it took along time for my speedo to come off 120. and my tranny didn't $**t until i had it serviced and the guy knocked off the spring to the throttle body....left, put in od, and got bout 2 miles and it started to slip, then nothing. but still have all other gears...now, have nothing unless you rev it in gear for 20 sec. and eventually start goin...once ingaged, works fine.

Back