Could someone post STOCK Dyno results...

DJ SHO

Just curious as to what the SC's and XR7's make for RWhp on the dyno. Someone I know has an XR7 automatic and is curious as to what it should come out to.

BTW, I searched all over and couldn't find any stock #'s for wheel hp.

thanks

Just apply the *mostly-true* rule of 18% - 20% driveline loss due to automatic and rear-end, and you will see close numbers. The boys with the 5-speeds see better numbers due to less loss. So, considering your friend has an automatic, and .18 * 210 = 37.8 and .2 * 210 = 42. Therefore, your friend is probably around 168-172.2rwHP. Of course, that would vary on how well the engine has been kept up, even with slight mods (K&N, taking out the silence, switching mufflers). They're not called slushboxes for nothing.

Oh, you can also check Reader's Ride or the Member's page for a whole slew of cars with little to no mods to dangerously fast and most of the time they have rwHP and rwTQ on there.

Here is a dyno run on my car which isn't that far from stock. It was done 2 years ago.

It has a 5% pully and has the resonator removed. Other than that, pretty much stock. It also had questionable plugs and wires and a broken motor mount at the time.

I'm thinking of getting another run shortly with new plugs and wires, a 70mm MAF, and cats removed.

Nothing to write home about. I hope to change that over the next few years.
run1.jpg

I pulled....

At carlisle last year, with my 95-5-speed. I pulled a best of 207RWHP and 315RWTQ. My only mod being a 11lb aluminum driveshaft which probably gives me 5-7RWHP. I've been told that most 5-speed SC's of the 94-95 vintage run between 195-200rwhp

Automatics have a greater HP loss, so I would guesstimate that 180RWHP would be a good number to make.

Driveline loss is across all numbers. An automatic might vary a little depending on RPM, but for the most part the parastic load is there the minute the wheels start to spin and stays constant the entire time.

my 94SC pulled 207RWHP with just a tune. Okay it had crappy exhaust too, but I wouldn't think that much better than stock.

Brian

Back