PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone replaced their ps rack?

joenintiesc
04-08-2003, 11:45 AM
I am thinking about replacing mine. Is it better to go with a unit from Ford, or rebuilt unit from elsewhere? Any suggestions or experience?

Thanks!

Blown94SC
04-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Ford...

You won't regret it. Stay away from Advance Auto...

j rick kirby
04-09-2003, 04:04 PM
I think mine is a Mooge.Less xpensive than Ford.It is SC specific(quicker ratio I think).

joenintiesc
04-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Thanks!

SilverCasket
04-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Joe, you still working on that thing.. I thought you were ready to roll....

See you Saturday!

Anthony

joenintiesc
04-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Ready to roll! Just (always) looking ahead to the next improvement... :D

SilverCasket
04-10-2003, 02:58 PM
I've got a real nice Improvement to show everyone on Saturday! You will like~

Anthony

Gary Bitzer
04-10-2003, 03:05 PM
it doesnt matter where you get it because even the ford ones are discontinued and you will get a remanufactured part from them also...i got one from carquest auto parts and i am pretty happy with it...it was remanufactured by cardone.

joenintiesc
04-10-2003, 03:18 PM
How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Anthony, tell now what it is - can't wait a day and a half! :rolleyes:

bigcletus94
04-10-2003, 03:30 PM
I have also been thinking about replacing my rack. How hard of a job is this to do in your drive way? Seems a bit intimidating to me. My car surges like mad when I brake and someone said that it is probably the end-links. All of the rotors/pads were replaced and that didn't help any. Does the new rack come with new end-links?

cantcatchme
04-10-2003, 06:13 PM
I replaced mine while I had the sub frame out of the car so I would'nt have to do it later with the sub frame in the car, cause that's just a general pain in the a$$. I got mine at auto zone, it cost @ $125 with a core charge. Mine didn't come with new end links, i jusr re-used the ones I had, they were in reasonable shape. To answer the guy who asked how hard it would be to do in the driveway, you might want to get someone to help you, and you might want to drop the sub frame first, it was a little easier that way. There are 6 or 8 t-18 or t-20 inverted torx bolts that bolt the sub frame to the main frame, and power steering lines to disconnect, but there is much less struggling with it out of the car.
Hope this helps

Danny