Yet another exhaust thread

PROJECTMAYHEM21

Just picked up my 90 SC the other day and im gonna do the exhaust, I want somthing similar to the SCP system but ill just go to a shop and have them make it or somthing similar what my question is should i buy all the stuff and then go the the shop and tell them what to do or should i just go to the shop and use what they have? also im looking at Borla or Dynomax what parts should i buy (mufflers cats res) and where is a good place to get them

thanks
Brendan

Buy cats, res and muff from Summit and take them to them, save bunches of money and get good stuff. Both Dynomax and Borla make good products, they sound similar too. I think the Borla muff are a little quieter and it is a slightly better product. Oh and spend a little extra money and go to a good performance exhaust place, don't make the same mistake I did and get crimped pieps that you need to redo.

Go to each vendors web site and find part numbers. Res can be res or muffler, whatever size pipe you're going to use and up to about 18" long, mufflers can only be like 14" max, and cats are universal about 12"-14" long. Muffs should have offset inlet and outlet or offset inlet, center outlet.

hmmmm Will custom exhaust shops even let me bring my own stuff? I mean they want to make money off the parts right? the place im going to has flowmaster which im not too crazy about and also about me saving $$$ i think they would just jack up the cost of labor so i would still end up getting screwed:(

Of course they want to make money on the parts, and probably too much. Get the main goodies from Summit like Aaron said and let them provide the pipe, it's cheap. Get a quote inclusive of parts and have them break it down for you. They will most likely give you good pricing on labor because they expect to make money on the parts. That will get you the fairest price possible.

They'll do it, the labor is where the real money is. You could offer to pay in cash if they balk. I.E. they won't report the income.

BTW, that avatar is kinda creeping me out. LOL! :eek: :D
j/k

Anyone used a couple glass packs instead of the $150 magnaflow resonator? Just wondering what it would sound like. I had an exhaust shop recommend that to me.

Back