Header Install

1BADSC

Hey guys, can anyone give me any tips on the header install. As far as things to look out for or possible problems. I think I will be doing them at the same time as the water pump, belts, hoses. is it possible to remove the SC top, top and bottom intercooler tube and intercooler all in one piece.

no, you can't take them out as one piece. and be careful, that lower tube is a son-of-a-gun to get outta there unless you take of the power-steering pump first. good luck!
ben m

Does the lower Tube have to come out, or just moved around in order to get the headers in.

you don't actually have to take it off, but from experience ( i've changed the gaskets 3x's) it's a whole lot easier. just use some high temp RTV to seal the tubes back up. it's the easiest way i know how and it works just fine.

Just finished installing headers on my 95 sc auto. The lower intercooler tube is a must to come out it just to make it easier. disconnecting the steering linkage helps alot. But please be careful when you try to get that dipstick tube out i broke mine and had to buy a new one. As far as the power steering pump went i just removes the bracket and let it set int he front of the engine compartment. and removed the ac bracket also. but the passenger side is still tight and a pain to do. All and all once you remove the interference then it is not too difficult of a job. Not as easy as an old muscle car but working on an sc never is.
Once i finally go the car done and started all the bruised knuckles were worth it.

How did it sound. I am worried about having it sound horrible. So far my exhasut Combos have been very nice, I just hope the headers will be as nice. Also, any coments to some of the other posts that suggest that they can't really telll a difference over a stock manifold with a ported collector.

The sound is good , let me back up by saying i installed the 300 hp kit from scp and all went in well, I would definatly take it to an exhaust shop to get the pipes done mine didnt hang correctly so i had to get them done at a shop but that is the reccomendation that comes with the stuff anyhow. Diff mufflers may sound diff but mine sounds okay for me, of course i have only been driving it a day so it remains to be seen if all works out as planned.
Wayne

----------
95 sc auto
ceramic headers
k&N cold air induction
raised calssic blower top
intercooler fan
bbk 76mm Throttle body
70mm mass air flow sensor
high flow cats
magna flow resonator
super turbo mufflers
5% overdrive blower pulley
underdrive pulley set.

man

i really should look into headers!

And also for you Michiganders!

THUNDERBIRD RACEWAY

Home

Dirt
Main
Schedule
Results

Drag
Main
Schedule
Results

Other
Links

Drag Strip Schedule
SCHEDULE FOR THE 2002 RACING SEASON
Revised: 04/19

APRIL
21ST Test & Tune for everyone
28TH Full Race Program + POINTS

MAY
5TH Full Race Program + POINTS
12TH CLOSED FOR MOTHER'S DAY
19TH Full Race Program + MUSCLE CAR CLUB CAR SHOW AND SWAP
MEET
26TH Full Race Program + POINTS

JUNE
2ND Full Race Program - RAIN DATE FOR MUSCLE CAR CLUB CAR SHOW
AND SWAP MEET
9TH Full Race Program + POINTS
16TH Full Race Program + POINTS
23RD Full Race Program + POINTS
30TH CLOSED

JULY
7TH Full Race Program
14TH Full Race Program + POINTS
21ST ALL HARLEY DRAGS
28TH CLOSED

AUGUST
4TH Full Race Program
11TH Full Race Program + POINTS
18TH Full Race Program + $1,500 SHOOTOUT SUPER PRO & STREET
TIRE COMBO $30.00 ENTRY FEE
25TH Full Race Program + POINTS

SEPTEMBER
1ST Full Race Program
8TH TBA Suggestions Welcome
15TH Full Race Program + FINAL POINTS DAY
22ND Full race Program
29TH 3RD ANNUAL BRACKET FINALS AT MID-MICHIGAN (TRACK CLOSED)

OCTOBER
6TH GAMBLERS RACE - END OF SEASON

NO ADMISSION FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 YRS

IMPORT CAR DRAG RACING EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FROM 4:30P.M. TO ????
COST: $15.00 CAR/DRIVER & $5.00 SPECTATORS

TEST & TUNE WEDNESDAY NIGHTS FROM 4:30P.M. TO 7:30P.M.
COST: $15.00 CAR/BIKE AND DRIVER $5.00 SPECTATORS

Drag Strip points party for the 2002 season will be November 2nd at 6:00p.m. at the V.F.W. Don Rea Post 8846, 1061 Witham Drive, North Muskegon Phone number (231) 744-1018

You MUST R.S.V.P. No later than October 19th if you plan to attend
Roman Marciniak (616) 846-2637

ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS OR OTHER MATTERS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TRACKS OWNER. ANY SPECIAL SHOWS WILL BE ANNOUNCED. TEST & TUNE IS WED. NIGHT FROM 4:30P.M. TO 8:00P.M. GATES OPEN AT 10:00A.M. ON RACE DAY & WE WILL BE USING IHRA RULES. ENTRY FEE $25.00 BRACKET 1 AND $20.00 ALL OTHERS. ANYONE INTERESTED IN HELPING SPONSOR A SHOOT OUT EVENT PLEASE CONTACT ROMAN MARCINICK AT (616) 846-2637

For more information you can email us at:
tbirddragway@aol.com

Main Dirt page | Dirt Schedule | Dirt Results
Main Drag page | Drag Schedule | Drag Results
Home | Links

350 W. RILEY THOMPSON ROAD
MUSKEGON, MI 49445
(231) 766-3300/(231) 855-6316 Jerry VanDonkelaar

Copyright © 2002, Thunderbird Raceway. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
Nice Hijacking!!!!

white90sc said:
i really should look into headers!

And also for you Michiganders . . . . blah blah blah . . . . . . yadda yadda yadda ........

Roman Marciniak (616) 846-2637
ROMAN MARCINICK AT (616) 846-2637
tbirddragway@aol.com
MUSKEGON, MI 49445
(231) 766-3300/(231) 855-6316 Jerry VanDonkelaar

Geeze ...... one flippant comment about headers and then a COMMERCIAL!
If we were in a parking lot, there would be a flier on each of our windshields!
:eek: :mad:

Back