MagPowers Setup + stock exh.manifolds=bad?

Mike Manzo

Ok, I have the whole MagPowers kit and it is not installed.

With the air that it is flowing should I be worried about still having the stock manifolds installed? I have all Magnaflow after the manifolds ( 2 1/2 to 3" to 2 1/2), but should I REALLY worry about it right away.

I know that it's not 100% wise to have such a massively flowing kit on stock manifolds, but I am wondering about how bad it is.

For Example...On a cold day I can peg 14psi on the stock blower...Now I have MagPowers w/ 5% Overdrive.

I am wondering if this is a recipie for how to cook coolant instantly or what.

I know it depends on how I beat on it, but I wonder how powerful this can be on stock crap...

Thanks

Mike

I'm running stock manifolds right now. If you haven't blown your head gaskets yet they probably will go soon no matter what you do but it won't be because of your stock manifolds. If you have stock cats and downtubes they are a lot more restrictive than the manifolds are. I think you'll be fine

Thanks...

Thanks, I am hoping to make it last until I am ready to drop the $3000 for the reman'd longblock/install.

I blew by head gaskets on the first mile after installing 85mm, plenum, ported blower with headers. The gaskets had 140k on them at the time.

Gary

I know what you mean. My 95 5-speed hits 15lbs with the stock blower. I have removed the silencer, SCP CAI, 73mm MAF, 70mm TB, No Resonator and Magnaflow Mufflers.

I am getting ready to put on a 5% pulley, 180* Thermostat and flush the coolant this weekend. If I blow the headgaskets it will just be the excuse I need to spend more money on making the car faster! I don't get any traction as it is.

What year car do you have? I am assuming that you have a 94-95 with the improved supercharger. Do you have the Magnum Powers Magna Port II Blower or S-Model? If so you might want to consider not running the 5% pulley but an 89-93 stock pulley instead. Otherwise, if you are running the Magnum Powers stuff on a stock blower I wouldnt worry as much. The Magna Port II or S-Model flow a lot more air than the stock 94-95 supercharger.

Bob

That's right Thomas!

My stock manifolds work just fine thanks, and I have all of those components installed, and much more.

I blew head gaskets twice in 15000 mi. i think it is from running hot though. the problem was the t- stat ford put in was the wrong one, the hole was an 8th inch smaller. r shaw 180 fixed that. i'm wait ing for carrier bearings so i can put my new auburn diff in. then i'll see if it was the heat or my s-port blower.
joe

What is the SILENCER that everybody talks about removing? How can I remove it from my car if is not done yet? Why would it help removing it?

There is a box in the passenger side wheel well the evidentally quiets the air being sucked into the car. Remove the inside of the wheel well and you'll see a plastic box attached right below the air filter, if there then remove it, if not then it has been done. It's good for 5 hp or so at the top end.

Back