header's

twindragons187

i c that alot of people r using mustang 3.8 factory headers on there sc's and xr7's....do they bolt right up or is there alot of mod u have to do?? thanx for the info..

duston

headers

there is some modification necessary, im in the process of building a new steering intermediate shaft so the headers will clear it w/out trouble. they'll work if you just grind down the flange on the drivers tube so it'll clear the rack. but they squeek like hell when you turn the corner! that's why im modifying the steering column with a smaller shaft. it's just that darn TIME thing keeps gettin in my way: ). good luck!

If you are refering to the 99' up tubular mustang manifolds then your wasting your time. Port the stockers or use 99' up MAC mustang headers. They have to be modified to fit as well bu they would be better than the stock manifold and 10 times better than the stock manifolds from a mustang.

Jeff

I remember seeing a picture of them a while back and they looked like they had quite a bit larger primaries and they were cast iron tubes instead of a plain manifold.

actually im not referring to the 99 up. what you need is the 96-98 mustang headers. they have very good primaries and huge 2-1/2" collectors. that one spot is all you have to do to get them to fit, but they will rub a little on the steering rack. either grind away the shaft, or dent the header tube, or just live with the squeeking! : )
ben m

What's the differance between the 94-95 and 96-98? Have pics? If they are like the 96-98 Tbird "headers" then they suck too.

Jeff

Pretty easy to do ? and the ding you have to put in it isn't that bad? Have to pull engine for an exhaust leak and to check things out so if I can find these at a junkyard for cheap then I do it.

im not sure what the differences are btwn them, all i know is there was an increase in horsepower for the mustang v6's those years. in '99, it was just because of the split-port intake and heads. not sure on how big of a dent, im not goin that route, but i would assume not a very bad one, just heat it with a torch so you don't crack the metal.
ben m
p.s. gotta go i have class now, e-mail me if you have any further Q's mach1coupe@yahoo.com

Back