New Custom Coverline 35th (and others) seats

sizemoremk

I have been discussing with coverline about custiomizing thier seatcovers for 35th (and other colors as well) seat customizing.

Here is a picture of what they have on their site:
pic01ECE.JPG

pic01FCD.JPG

pic020C7.JPG

pic021C7.JPG

pic022AC.JPG

pic023AB.JPG

Notice on the front seats where the black meets the red on the edges, they are obviously not close... I spoke with the guy and he said that they could bring the black over a little more, probably one more strip into the center, or whatever is necessary to make it look similar...

It is not goign to be suede, but he said that he can get perforatted (holly) grey vinyl and also says that he can add the blue piping in the neccessary areas!

He also said that he has lost several sales, because he doesn't have the pattern for the entire backseat, now he only does the middle two sections (not shown in the pictures). I told him that I would take the seat out, and and remove the materal and send it to him so that the my and future orders will include this part of the rear seat.

I have sent him pictures of the original seats, and diagramed the pictures of his wesite pictures for what needs to be changed.

They won't be exactly like the originals, but for about $260 front and back, it is ALOT better than the 600-750 local quotes I got to redo just the fronts of mne, and that was also for leather sim vinyl...

Let me know if you are interested, as I told him I woul explore interest on this site, and he hopes to gain business, buy making these seats closer to original...

He also said he could do the other seat colors similarly...

Thanks,
sizemore

seatcovers

I have an 89 not a 35th but am interested in a medium gray w/ perforated seat and back.I have tried to e-mail these guys and they never reply.

One more

I also would be interested in getiing these covers.I like the color pattern on there site(or your post)now.I have a red 93,with black lthr interior.So that color combo would be good for me.
Here's my email address,drop me a line and keep me updated as you progress with this.
my_tbird@webtv.net
Thanks
David

I bought covers from Coverline about a year ago and ended up returning them. The front covers fit pretty well, but the 2 straps underneath were right where the seat tracks are. The rear seat was a nightmare. They were not cut correctly where the folding sections hinge (could not install). The rear lower cushion did not tuck underneath for a tight look. And there is no piece to cover the 'upper surround' which is usually where the rear seat looks the worst from the sun drying it out.

Just a heads up guys! Who knows, maybe they made improvements, but I would ask before ordering. GOOD LUCK

89psychobird said:
I bought covers from Coverline about a year ago and ended up returning them. The front covers fit pretty well, but the 2 straps underneath were right where the seat tracks are. The rear seat was a nightmare. They were not cut correctly where the folding sections hinge (could not install). The rear lower cushion did not tuck underneath for a tight look. And there is no piece to cover the 'upper surround' which is usually where the rear seat looks the worst from the sun drying it out.

Just a heads up guys! Who knows, maybe they made improvements, but I would ask before ordering. GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the heads up! I will forward this info to him!

I have removed the top an side section you are talking about from my back seat to send to him. He says that they did not get that section when they originally got this pattern, and have not been able to get that section yet, and was more than happy to have me ship it to him for future use...He actually sas he has lost a few sales becasue of this

He also says that the rear "butt section" can be changed to go down all the way also, and I told him that section was probably OK, but good thing you mentioned this, so I can give him a call on it. He can prolly change it to go all the way down, and add more material to tuck in and tighten it up a bit.

I will also let him know about the need for holes for the hinging in the edges of back seats...

I will also let him know that the straps for the fronts, are right where the seatbelt straps are.

The guy, Miguel, that I talked to seemed like a really good guy, and I think he will be willing to address these issues. He acted like he was more than happy to change em up for me!

I would also like to know if anyone else has had the same problems? I am curious if the seat track problem is the same on all of em, and if the back seat not tucking in good is also an issue...

Something that should be remembered... these things are cheap compared to what they would charge to get em done by an upholstry shop. Like I said, they wanted 600-750 just to do my fronts in fake leather...might could get em a little cheaper, but not much. This is just a good alternative for those who don't want to spend more than the car is worthgetting the seats fixed...But of course I expect them to fit up good, and look decent!

I'll certainly put up some pics here when I get mine in, and thanks for the input!

And again if anyone else has these seats, let me know what you think of em!

Coverline seat covers

I got some coverline covers for my '95 SC. They looked great in the box, but there was some incomplete stitching on the driver's seat exterior. It was hard as hell to tie the straps under the seat. The two straps have velcro that does not match. I will restitch the seat and connect the underseat straps.

Local detail shop will clean the interior and seats for about $80. I am going to try that.

Coverlines?

AFT,

I have never seen any coverlines other than the ones on the site and they look pretty crappy. I was wondering what style/color you hadand how good they look? Any pictures or feedback would be appreciated. I am thinking of getting the grey Vinyl covers for my 94 5-speed's leather seats.

Thanks

Seat covers

Hi Cuda:

I got my CoverLines from their website,www.coverline.net. The cost was $163.50 with shipping. Www.mn12performance.com has an article on Six-Way Power seat covers and refers to Coverline. These instructions are very good. There were no instructions with the seat cover package. I will reinstall the covers again following the mn12 instructions.

While we are at it, I also got a custom rear deck cover, floor mats and dash cover from CarParts.com made by CoverKing. These are super. They fit without taping them down. Cost was $30.53 for rear deck and $69.47 for floor mats.

Off to Nashville for a week. Let me know how your search goes.

AFT

They are on the way, I got a tracking number from them last week.

It took us a little while to get the right to get the details worked out, and things went a little slow, but they worked with me very well.

He is going to use perforated vinyl for the 'inset" part, and it took him awhile to find the material.

I'll post picks as soon as I get them in!

He said that the cost of them will be closer to 300 in the future becasue the material was more than expected, but I got the regular price :D

Take care guys!

SEATS CAME IN!

Pics right outta the box:
Fronts:
fbfc6e56.jpg

I put them on the rears right quick, but I'm waiting until I rip the dash out for other repairs before I do the fronts or put the rears in the car.
fbfc6e50.jpg

I am really impressed with the look of em, but we shall see the final verdict on fit in a week or so after I get my AC fixed.

FYI...
The grey insets are kinda "dimpled" not actually "perforated" meaning the holes are not completely through the vinyl. It is not a glossy vinyl, but isn't a fuzzy suede either.
fbfc6e53.jpg

The outter section of the rear is also now available, he used mine as a guide (as this section was previously unavailable) and actually sewed the new material to my old material. This will be available in a "cover" in the future.
fbfc6e46.jpg

Notice the difference in the first pics vs these pics on the front part of the rear bottom seat...it goes all the way underneath, rather than a strip along the bottom like the black red ones in the previous pics.
fbfc6e44.jpg

Closeup of the rear middle, fold down parts...
fbfc6e48.jpg

Notice that the back of the fold down sections (the truck side) are not covered...
the only issue I see so far is where the bottom hinges are suppse to hook ito the seat frame... I willl have to make an opening for the hinge holes... I'll get another pic to better explain later... but don't see this as being a big deal anyway...

fbfc6e4d.jpg

Will post more pics as soon as I getto messing with em again.

sweet

Those covers are pretty sweet....thanks for posting pics....as soon as I see them in your car, I will probably grab some!...thanks.:D

Sorry, there was not a group purchase for this, just showing you guys what this guy can do.

It is still in progress, and I figured this was the area to put it in for those who may want to start a group purchase if mine end up looking and fitting good.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

Not yet...

I ripped the dash (and of course seats) out last night in order to replace the evaporator core (going ahead with the heater core just in case); so I have not had time ot install the fronts.

I should have em ready in a few days.

As per a sugestion on this site somewhewre, I am also going to add some more foam underneath the existing foam because it is getting old and compressed...it damn near flat.

I am going to do the fronts before putting the seats back in so I can get them as snug as possible.

The rears do not look like seat covers at all, looks like it could've came that way. Hopefully the fronts wil look the same!

I'll have pics soon!

Nope Not yet

I've been meaning to get to it, but between work/school/kid/wife, etc I've been a little busy!

They are in the car with the exception of the headrests, as I think I mentioned in anoter post, the "rib" bordering the grey area shows an impresion through the new ones jus a bit, and I am going to back it with something so that the rib doesn't show, I think I may use some thin dense foam, or might even try and line the inside edges of the cover with duct tape or something...

not sure yet.

I had more dificulties with the air conditioning which was the main reason I haven't gotten to the pics yet, it needs a good vacuuming and general cleanup before I do the headcovers and take the pics.

I am happy to report that the seating material is pretty durable. I put some interior trim molding in the back seat wthout realizing that there was some black "goo" on them (weatherstrip adhesive I thnk) and that crap got allover the seats!!!! I was so mad at myself, I could've kicked my a$$. Anyways I scrubbed it with some "orange clean" and a tootbrush and it all came off with lots of scrubbing and fingernails scraping. I was affraid that I would damage the material, but all is fine.

I will try and get to em soon!

I told the guy at coverline that I would take pics and advertise for him a little, maybe if a few of you guys order soon, he will give me a good deal on a set of seat covers for this old a$$ truck I just bought... the other reason I haven't got to it yet...

Back