AFPR...Good idea????

fastsc92

Would it be a good idea to use an AFPR for my 92 SC. I will be running a ZEX kit and i want to add a little more fuel for safety. I also have a 75mm TB, and a 5% pulley, also a raised top is planned within a few weeks.

no, you can play with the kit to do that, buy a fuel pressure gauge that can be mounted inside the car though

so you're saying that i should not get an AFPR? I was talking to the guy at the local speed shop and he said he would leave the injectors alone and use a FPR to increase the fuel into the motor. I also said to use a gauge on the fuel rail, set it to stock PSI, then increase it 3psi and do some testing on it. I wanted to double check with you guys before i did anything. You all know these cars the best.

well if you want to play with a few PSI you can, I thought you meant cranking it up 20 or so PSI to add more fuel for the nitrous. Its kind of hard with no dyno to adjust FPRs for best performance.

Its a pain to adjust if you keep it in the stock location. What I did was drilled a hole in the wiper cowling directly above the FPR (its not as bad as it sounds, you hardly notice it) Just big enough to fit in a long screwdriver to turn the adjustment. Although getting your hand in there to get the vacuum hose off is still a pain.

the main question is....will it help me with the nitrous, or should i keep the stock one in there. If I'll be ok with the stock injectors then i'll leave everything alone, i just dont want to run lean, so i figured a FPR would give it a tad more fuel.

to those of you who have an AFPR....what did you find the best PSI to be with stock injectors??

Last edited:
Back