PDA

View Full Version : Wire Problems...Car Wont start!

iwannanSC
04-09-2003, 07:56 PM
I have an 89 SC, and it shut off while driving down the street. I have found the problem, but i dont know where it is coming from. The Number 24 wire in the IRCM is not getting power. I followed it up to a black round-type harness near the diagnostic ecc hook up. (behind the passenger side front wheel well, under the hood.) The harness seems to go to the injectors. My problem is that i am not getting power to that harness. I hot-wired a 12V to the red wire while cranking (24 im assuming) at the begining of the round harness and the car started right up, and when i removed the wire it shut off again. So my question is, where is that #24 wire getting power, and how can I bypass wherever it is shorted, or burned through??? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

jgraham
04-09-2003, 09:26 PM
I have a simular problem. I think we need a wireing diagram

scbird1
04-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Ok I checked it out for you and it shows that the dk green wire goes from 24 to the camshaft sensor. Maybe you have a bad loom to your crank and cam sensor? Good luck
I did try to get the diagram up but the program wont let me copy to computer. I can fax this for you if you need it.

iwannanSC
04-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Yes! Please fax it to me, I am desperate! My fax is: (410) 552-1617. My car is stranded at an auto shop and I need to get it out of there before tomorrow night. Thanks for the help,

Matt

iwannanSC
04-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Any other advice would be much appreciated; I need to get my car home today and it will cost over $100 to have it towed.
Thanks all,

Matt

scbird1
04-10-2003, 08:51 PM
all I can think of is to check the plug ins to the crank sensor and cam sensor. Maybe wigge some wires. Sometimes these are disconected and the tab is broke off and they come loose. Im not sure on this but if the crank sensor is bad you maynot get 12V at pin 24