What Flowmasters do I need?

studpike

Hi, can anyone tell me what Flowmaster exhaust system to get for my '92 S.C.? I know very little about mufflers/exhausts so any help would be appreciated. I am looking to add horsepower and that throaty sound to my car(but not the sound that you hear from a lot of Honda's with big mufflers). Thanks, Anthony ucf_bound@yahoo.com

Flowmaster cat-back kit...

89-91 kit part number 17100 (flo-17100 for summit racing)
92-95 kit part number 17111 (flo-17111 for summit racing)

both kits are 2.25" mandrel bent aluminized tubing with 3 chamber Force II mufflers (side inlet, center outlet with diagonal exit piping).

Both kits require the Flowmaster resonator, I think is part number Flo-15100. This is if you really want the resonator, or you could go with a Magnaflow or other type, your choice.

Attachments

• flo-17111.jpg
    flo-17111.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 251
The cost.....

Resonator costs about $115 plus shipping (pretty heavy). The other 2 cat-back kits are the same price, $269.00 plus extra shipping cost due to weight.

As far as how much they cost to install, that would vary quite a bit. I would not think it would cost alot due to the fact that there is no fabrication required on the part of the installer save for cutting the pipes behind the cats to add the new resonator.

Hope this helps

Phil

Attachments

• flo-15100.jpg
    flo-15100.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 234
I just put that kit on my car after my stainless got torn off in a spinout. Id say go to a racing store (i went to ramchargers) and have them order it...That way you only pay shipping on the parts that they dont stock (i had to pay 20 on the res. from cali). Then i took it to a mom n pop garage and just asked them to splice it on (i had cats deleted so i have a set of huge downpipes that needed to be messed with and i didnt have the means to do it in my garage in the middle of a michigan ice storm) They charged me 120$ to put the whole kit in including seam welding to prevent leaks. They also warrn. the install (just the install obv.) Overall its nice n rumbly. Kinda drones a little bit when cruising. Mash the accelerator and watch people turn heads.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help guys. You've helped me understand the process a lot better. Also, nice silver t-bird. Anthony

What else would I need?

Hi Guys, what else would I need if I were to get a Magnaflow resonator and 2 Flowmaster Delta 40 series'? Would I just need new downpipes to complete my exhaust system and ready for installation? Thanks for everyone's help on this, Tony

studpike, you don't "need" downtubes but they would be beneficial. I am putting on the magnaflow res and two cheapo dynomax super turbos. I got a quote for $200 for piping from the res back. I would assume that is about an average price. I'm going to do downtubes after I get headers. If you put on the flowmaster 40 delta tell me how it sounds.
Julian

Back