GTP Smoked

1BADSC

Just got back from going to the store and on my way there I got into a race with a Red GTP. I pulled more than 2 car lengths on him with ease. We pulled over and started talking and he was actually quite impressed with the SC. He said his car ran a 16.0 flat on a hot day down here last year. He has since put on K&N filter and SLP Loud mouth exhaust. He wanted me to try to join the car club he is in called Delaware Style. Ok sounds good so far. But, to join the club you have to get rims with in a year, tint the back windows, and pay 60 bucks for a very large graphic that takes up the back window that says Delaware Style, and you have to run neon lights and strobe lights in the head lights. LMAO.

Man, whats so funny? You don't want to start a new SC trend? You would be sooo cool.
JK LOL

-Steve

16 with a GTP? I take it it wasn't a late model? GTP should be running 15. at worst...

It looked brand new. He also said it was very hot on the day he went to the track. 100 degrees. Either way I killed him. His car was nasty. It was red with Bright Yellow Grill inserts and a big Yellow "Supercharged" sign in the front window. And a big Yellow "Delaware Styles" sign in the rear window. That is fine if you like that kind of thing but I thought it looked bad.

Hmmm...

I Dunno, the GTP's are fairly quick with even a sorry driver they should be running high 14's. (and that's on a hot @$$ day!)
DB91

Well that was straight from his mouth. He said he ran a 16.0. Why would he lie about running slow. He was impressed with the SC though. And I am sure it was a GTP because we stopped to talk and he was showing me some stuff that he did, like a K&N filter. LOL. And bright yellow wire conduit. To go along with the rest of the McDonalds theme of the car. LOL. His car must have something really wrong to run those times. His exhaust sounded great though. I might try to get some of the mufflers from SLP they are real deep and powerful.

1BADSC said:
Well that was straight from his mouth. He said he ran a 16.0. Why would he lie about running slow. He was impressed with the SC though. And I am sure it was a GTP because we stopped to talk and he was showing me some stuff that he did, like a K&N filter. LOL. And bright yellow wire conduit. To go along with the rest of the McDonalds theme of the car. LOL. His car must have something really wrong to run those times. His exhaust sounded great though. I might try to get some of the mufflers from SLP they are real deep and powerful.

I really need to do some exhaust work too. I had my cats hollowed and some cherry-bombs, but it sounded really loud and I got a ticket. It costs a lot of money, but I need a nice setup soon too.:(
DB91

my old set up was really good on my 89. SCP exhaust with no mufflers. Sounded great when you got on it, quiet while cruising, and a nice little grumble while at idle.

1BADSC said:
my old set up was really good on my 89. SCP exhaust with no mufflers. Sounded great when you got on it, quiet while cruising, and a nice little grumble while at idle.
Yeah, I bet that did sound nice. My issues are money-related. I seem to afford everything, but stuff for the poor SC.:(
DB91

As i have learned, and some of my friends learn the hard way, when modifying a car it is always best to just save up the money and do it right than to spend half the money to half *** the job. If I were you I would just wait until you have the money saved up and get a good exhaust, you will not regret it. You could get away cheaper if you had an exhaust shop that could do mandrel bends.

1BADSC said:
As i have learned, and some of my friends learn the hard way, when modifying a car it is always best to just save up the money and do it right than to spend half the money to half *** the job. If I were you I would just wait until you have the money saved up and get a good exhaust, you will not regret it. You could get away cheaper if you had an exhaust shop that could do mandrel bends.
Good advise dude!:cool:
DB91

It's also more fun to do mod's 2 at a time. Got a pulley I haven't put on, I'm wondering if I might wait until I get an SC top and/or IC fan to do it.

Good kill on the GTP, those are some stout cars!

Back