oil pressure

hepcat

Ok here's the deal. I bought rebuild oil pump kit for my 89 cougar 3.8sc. (O'reily's)They didn't have one for the 89-93 model year but they had one for the 94-95 sc. Well the gears were the same as my 89 but they gave me a bigger oil spring. So i put in the new gears and the longer spring in the timing cover. Now at idle my oil pressure reads real low. like it has 15psi or less. Any way way less than the stock did.

So does this seem like what would happen if you would do the same thing.

I am replaced the spring because for some reason I keep blowing oil pump to timing cover seals real bad. Well it just leaks real bad. So that's why I put in the spring. After I put in the spring I went ahead and put some extra sealant on the oil pump to timing cover surface. I very thin layer. It worked now I have low oil pressure.

Help

Thanks

hepcat75

pressuer

oil pressuer my 1090 s. ) the sending unit is a set switch (sending unit )
it is set to run at three quarter's of the gauge.
I ask ford when it was new there tech said that the oil prs. varied so much at different rpm's they oppted for a low pressure
switch to show the same oil prs. at all times.I allso saw this switch discused on this forum (so it got to be true )!
mine show's 3/4 gage at idle or 6000 rpm's.
I have never put a real gage on it .
the ( three ) sc's that I know that have instaled oil prs. gages all have different reading's most of them are what I would consider low 20lbs + or - at idle and
and 35 and up again +or- it will differ on millage and if it was serviced properly my sc gets l.o.f at 90 day's or 3.000
thank's for your time keep you'r boost up.
I dont race my car ( yet )so I dont care about oil pressure hell I got 3/4 of a gage .
1990 red black leather (90.000 mls. mint s.c.
Joel aka russelln Joel
you steal one cow when you !@ years old and!!

Back