Question about air bag under rear wheel

cantcatchme

Assuming most if not everyone knows about the airbag under the rear wheel trick for reducing if not completely eliminating wheel hop, I was just wondering what the correct pressure would be to fill it.

Danny

I just posted this same reply at that thread:

It really depends on what your preference is. Personally I keep mine at 35-40lbs (I keep the pressures even from side to side) for average driving, and when I go to the track I run 32 lbs. in the drivers side and 40 in the passenger side. It keeps the car pretty level when leaving the line, and got rid of most of my wheel hop. I've been using them this way for a little over 3 years now on 2 different MN12's, and I'm very happy with the air bags. I have yet to have one fail ........ knock on wood.

-Rod

FIRESTONE(blue bags)... I hope they dont explode:( , and also have a red set which are air-ride?air-lift or something.

Did nothing much for wheel hop, but stopped the back end from twitching(rode 100 times better... wait maybe only 5 or 6 times) due to the suspensions alignment not changing during shifts anymore.

How long does the air last in the bags before it leaks out?

I usually check my pressures once a month, unless I'm racing (then I check right before I run the car). I usually lose about 2-3 lbs. of air in a month, which is not bad at all since I run around 40 lbs. of air in a system rated for 25lbs.

Back