struts and shocks

marrart

i need to replace my front struts and rear shocks on my 94 sc.what brand,where, and how much will this cost me?

As most people will probably tell you and I had found out by doing a search in this forum, go to shox.com and purchase the tokico illumina's as a stock replacement for the factory. If you go to ford, all new factory replacements will cost you more and the illumina's are 30% firmer on "firm" ride. I think they cost me around 400 bucks, but I'm not sure. As a matter of fact I'm having those put in tomorrow by a local race shop and I really don't know specifically how much the shocks cost because I bought the Eibach Pro Kit with it (1 and 1/2" drop). I think all in all it was in between 600-700 bucks (shipping included). The labor to install these and the new engine and transmission mounts are going to run slightly over 500. I tried to accomplish the shock/spring removal myself, but I got hung up on the front lower shock mounting bolts. I soaked them in penetrant and tried hitting it for a long while with a hammer, but I should've used a BFH. But someone told me that they had the same problem and were using a BFH and it didn't work. Mine's a 95 and has been garaged the last four years of ownership. Hope all that helps.

Mike

I have seen on this board and another one that the best combo is Eibach/Bilstein.I have heard from a lot of people that the Tokicos are not very durable,soft and bouncy.If you use the Bilsteins you will not have the Auto Ride Suspension active anymore but it was just a toy,it does not work very good anyways!Ask around more before you buy!

Pet peeve

No MN12's have struts....there are coil over shocks on the front SLA (Short & Long Arm ) suspension. As well as shocks in the rear.

Back