need muscle what do I do?

Sweet90SC

Just bought an all stock 90 SC except for a b&m shift kit nothing has been done to increase horsepower it's all factory including the exhaust. This car is low miles cloth interior and all looks nearly new... Just wanna beef up the horses...I would love any suggestions from what kind of performance exhaust so it sounds throaty not like one of these bumble bee buzzers I hear around these days to computer chips to pullys to air filters and anything else to boost my H.P. if anyone want's to see a pic I'll be glad to send one or two. she's a bute but all factory/except the tranny like I said. I'm tired of getting dusted by these mutangs!!
Thanks,
Rick :confused:

Get used to being dusted by RUSTangs... i've learned to accept it. First, remove the air silencer, under the air box. exhaust... first step you need to get rid of the factory resonator. (by far the most restrictive part of the exhaust) Flowmaster sells a cat-back system, called a "force II" system. I haven't personally heard this system, but i dont believe it's really possible to get that deep throaty sound, like you hear from the mustangs. Next, gears, intake, and pulley. Is the car an aod? or 5spd?

go to magnumpowers.com lots of stuff there...raised tops...late year blowers...bigger intercoolers and all that stuff is there...scperformance.com or supercoupeperformance.com also has lots of stuff....oh yea make sure u keep those HG cool...thats what these cars are happy to blow. post some pics too

If you want to beat stangs and vets ,ect. Trade your sc in for a 2003 cobra.
To build a fast SC will cost $20,000.00 to $25,000.00.and you will still get beat sometimes.

If you do want to modify your SC start with opening up the exhaust first.This will help in not
blowing the head gaskets.

Last edited:
thanks for the info

thanks for the help guys.. looks like the factory exhaust will be the first to go..checking with flowmaster for that cat back system..here is a rear view of the car

well mt pic didnt go thru

I tried to attach a pic of the rear view of my SC but it didn't take timed out or somthin!!!!:rolleyes:

dont say that

Randy & Connie, whoa please dont say that...lol

"To build a fast SC will cost $20,000.00 to $25,000.00.and you will still get beat sometimes. "

man that is so distant to me.... haha but ill tell ya something,, you're absolutely right.
-Damon

Exhaust first, whatever you like

Remove silencer

Underdrive pullies

OD Pulley

Air Intake

Those are all the cheaper mods for good gains.

Then:

TB, MAF, SC Top, Intercooler, Injectors(because you'll need them), fuel pump (you'll need that too), EEC tuner,

Then whenever head gasket blows you go for internals like rods, cam, head work.

So much to list but start with the top list for biggest low dollar gains.

goin with the the flowmastster

ok,
gettin the force II flowmaster installed next sat 2 1/4 down to cats and 3 to I believe he said 2 1/2 to crome tips....Happy Easter!!...let ya all know how it goes...now whats that old sayin about men and boys and the prices of their toys?..I didn't buy this S.C. to get me to work on Monday morning, I want it to put me out front on Satuday night!!! No one likes blowin motors and yes this is an expensive hobby...but hey I dont fish:D ...Although I believe I will go with the new MPII and Plenum chrome :cool: as well as the new injectors, fuel pump, chip,air filter....etc..I'm gonna stay away from the UD pulleys or atleast leave those as a last resort....maybe we can save those head gaskets for a while...thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep ya posted on progress;)

Oh! By the way....

Oh yea,
For Randy and Connie I'm gonna keep a running tab too :rolleyes: ok lets see $375.00 for the exhaust plus 7% tax..
so far: $401.25...
;) Rick in FL

thanks Randy

As you were saying Randy this is a high dollar item but from what everyone has said well worth the money...
Thanks Rick In FL

yeah....by HG i meant head gaskets...keep them healthy...dont rev ur car up when its cold...thats one say i have to tell ya...they will go like whoa!

Underdrive pulleys are a good thing, and get a BHJ balancer too.

Overdrive pulleys on a stock exhaust appear to be a problem.....

(understatement).

thanks Smoky

I'll remember that...Thats one reason I wanna stay away from UD pulleys until I'm donw with every other option:D

Back