Small problem..Turn signal short?

TBirdDriver

I have a slight problem on my '90 with the front passenger side turn signal. If the headlights are off, I have no problems and the turn signal works. When I turn the headlights on, the front turn signal will work intermitantly. (The turn signal indicator lamp on the dash will come on as I'm driving and then go out and then come on again). Yes, I put new bulbs in.
More than likely one of the wires is grounding out somewhere. I'm hoping that someone has run into this before and can steer me in the right direction on where to look for any pinch points? Or could it be something else like a loose wire on the multi-function switch?

Don't know, but I'm having similar problems with the passenger side front signal lamp. Turn (right) indication works front & rear. But when the 4 way flasher is turned on the passenger side front does not cycle. However, while the 4 way is engaged, I can use the turn signal wand on the sterring column and the front passenger light will flash in unison with the 4 way flasher. When I find out what the problem is I'll let you know. It might help you with your problem.
Kent

Back