Can someone expain what exactly Tri-Way capable me

moody moodz

the amp i want to buy has these specs...

75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms

125 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms

255 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode

4-ohm stable in bridged mode

2-, 3-, or 4-channel output

Tri-Way capable

variable 40-500 Hz low-pass and high-pass crossovers,
12 dB/octave

variable bass boost (0-12 dB) at 45 Hz

i was thinking about this being the first amp that I buy and running it tri way to the fronts and to the subs..

so does that mean.. that i can run the fronts @ 75 watts max & the sub @225

normally i would just buy a mono amp and just push my subs but i want something in the front until i get my other amp

thanks

Moody Moodz

logotemp1.jpg

4400 N. MICHIGAN ROAD **** PLYMOUTH, INDIANAPhone (574) 936-7936

Does this help?

Tri-Way crossover allows you to power a pair of stereo speakers and a subwoofer simultaneously from a Tri-Way compatible 2-channel amp. It's a cost-effective way to drive a subwoofer.

I can't get hold of any of my friends that are in the audio installions/sales. If the above don't help I'll talk with them when they come over for pizza/beer tonight..

does that mean.. that i can run the fronts @ 75 watts max & the sub @225

Yes. Of course, make sure those ratings are in RMS power, not peak. Sounds similar to my amp.. an Orion CS200.4

In all, that should give you some pretty decent sound. Have fun!

what i did till i could afford my second amp was run my deck through the stock amp, and bought a dedicated 500 watt amp pushing my 12" JL Audio subs. If your deck doesnt have the right filters, then a capacitor soldered to the pickups of your component speakers will cut out all the sub frequencies to the components, sending only mids and highs through them. this forces all the sub freqs through the subwoofers, producing a much cleaner sound. a set up like this even with the stock amp pushing the deck is incredibly loud, yet almost concert like in sound quality.

It's a 4-channel amp you can run a stereo set of channels and a mono channel. This will allow you to run the sub (4 ohms min impedance can't run 2-4 ohm speakers in parallel)

Tri way, usually means that you can run stereo and mono at the same time on 1 stereo pair of channels. That means that you could run left, right, and a center channel or a sub and a pair of midbass speakers. You still have to remain within the specs of the amp and not go below the rated impedance. Meaning that you could run the amp with on 4 stereo speakers (front and rear and left and right) and 2 subs (one on the front channels and one on the rear channels). This would require a passive crossover network but that's easy enough.

There are myriad’s of combinations that can be done. Let me know what you have to work with and I can tell you a few possible combinations.

Jeff

okay this is what my set is going to be .. I have a pair of GXR Polk Audio 12's I am looking to buy a California Profile CA 640 not very impressive but it will work for now.. the spec that I gave were from the company's web site i am hoping that I can push fronts with the amp and then bridge the rear to push the 255 to both subs.. usually I don't do things on a budget but this time i am trying not to spent all my money all at one time..

i hope that I have given you more infor to help me out..

thanks
Moody Moodz

Are the subs 4 ohm or 8 ohm?

I assume that you will be running front speakers on the amp and the rear speakers off the headunit. If the subs are 4 ohm then you will do better just to hook them up stereo. If you run the amp bridged on 2 4ohm speakers in parallel you will burn up the amp.

list everything you will have in the system.

Jeff

okay this is what i am running ....

kicker k57 5x7 in the rear..

polk audio gxr57 5x7 in the front

2 12in 4 ohn gxr series subwoofers

soon to come is the

profile california
CA640 75 x 4 or for the stock locations

CA800 200x 2 or 600x 1 for the subs

all these are the RMS @ 4 ohms

all inside a sealed box

now what i want to do i is buy the 640 first hook the fronts and the subs for the time being
and then buy the 800 for the subs alone..

these are the following i will place in my bird...

Moody Moodz

Last edited:
Back