What is this?

SCPilot

Hey all,
Well I was driving down the street and all of the sudden big bang and engine stoped. Thought I blew a head gasket. Was taking the SC off and noticed it was locked up. Good news bad news. At Least I do not have to do the head gaskets yet!! ANy ways this part was flopping around with the plug plugged in but no other lines to it? What is it and what does it do? Thanks

Attachments

• scpart2.jpg
    scpart2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 227
Where was it at in engine compartment? If your SC is frozen then I doubt this has anything to do with it. That would be why your engine stopped.

thanks I know it has nothing to do with the sc being frozen just wonder what it is. It was laying in the middle of the bay between the firewall and the engine

The only thing I can think of that would be in the back of the engine compartment would be the BP sensor. It kind of slides in between the weatherstripping and the firewall near the TB. Measures barametric pressure so it can make adjustments to fuel in higher/lower altitudes. Would be able to tell more if I saw the other side of it.

That's the EGR transducer. It should be mounted behind the intake manifold adopter and have two vacuum lines connected to it. It's the electronic part of the EGR system and basically tells the EGR valve when to be open and when to be closed.

In fact if I remember right on my 95 it's mounted to a bracket that attaches to the bolt/nut nearest the fire wall on the intake manifold adopter.

looks like an EGR pressure sensor, or EGR feedback sensor, i've heard it called 2 different things......would not cause your car to go bang and not run

Well I ned to say something I should not admit. When I had my Magmun powers inlet and all the other stuff installe dI took it to a speed shop since I needed it installed when my wife asn I were out of town. When I took al of this apart they had cut the egr pipe. And a couple of other thungs that I would have not done if I had done the job my self.

Well, technically it's a DPFE, dual pressure feedback sensor. It senses the amount of pressure in the EGR tube. Two hoses run from it to the EGR tube. Without it hooked up, your car could run terribly (mine did), but that wouldn't explain why your supercharger is locked up.

Back