Tensioner pullies

livn

Both of my plastic tensioner pullies (from the s/c belt and the crank to idler belt) are no good and ive been looking around for them everywhere and no one seems to have the 70mm pulley from the sc belt. Ive found the 76.2mm from the crank to idler and dayco i think makes one, but i cannot find the 70mm, which is the one im really looking to replace. ford only sells the tension as a complete unit and not just the pulley and its $250 bucks. i know scp sells the steel ones but then i have to order them and dont have a great deal of time. anyone have any suggestions of where to find this pulley other than a wrecker.

you can get the 94 mustang style tensioner from Lordco or NAPA, its the larger jackshaft size(helps tension SC belt with bigger pulley). The first gen SC'd Bonnevilles also use the same pulley for tensioning along with several other applications

I replaced my 3 pullieys with Motorcraft YS-233 F8KZ-8678-AA Pulley Kit. I had to drill the washer hole a little in order to put the bolt through. There were no torque specs for it so I use 55ft lb. They came from SC Performance and were only $15.US each, but they are out of business nad you can get them from Ford. You should not have to worry about the size so much b/c the tensioner should adjust for any difference. Good luck

if you have a Napa store locally they should be able to look it up by size , as it is not listed by application for the car. I got the steel pulley for my alternator/AC/PS belt that way, by size. I work at NAPA but i'm off tomorrow, i'll see if i can get you a part number Monday and post it on here

what type of pullies are they?
cause if theyre dayco they only make the tensioner pulley for the alt. bracket.
they dont make either of the other pullies which are mounted to the a/c compressor bracket which drive the s/c.
ive got the same pulley thats on the alt. bracket on all three of the tensioners right now. its 76mm od by 31mm (surface)

Just put the same ones all around dayco 89016's $15 from bumper to bumper, just got the other two yesterday (they were backordered) mike

I have the same pullies on all 3 of my tensioners. I just put a 2.85" SC (10%) pulley on and I think the larger diameter tensioner pulley helps keep the belt from slipping.

Mine are from Auto Zone and are part number 45979.

i looked at the dayco 89016s but to me they seemed like the washer that holds them in place would rub on the inside of the pulley causing unwanted friction, i bought a couple dayco 89007s, but they seem kinda small (width) for the belts.

I used DAYCO 89007 on all 3 tensioner arms. No probems, been on about 9 months now. Stock dust covers (washers) fit with no modification.

Yes, the Dayco 89016 pulley requires some extra effort to use the dust covers. Just stop by a local hardware store and track down a washer that fits to space the dust cover out.

Randy,

I contacted the owner of Billet Flow. They only make pulleys in 92mm and 100mm. Here's going to get back to me about making them in 76mm diameter for our application. I wouldn't hold my breath but you never know. Anyway, I'm sure they would cost around $75 or more for one pulley but they are super nice looking.

Randy,

You should start selling them if you indeed make some. I'm sure some of us around here would purchase them.

Billetflow,

You should have already received them. I had another member send them to you when you replied on Corral. I'll send another one to you on Monday. I went with another option but I'm sure others here would like to purchase them. Anyway, I would purchase a couple to have on hand.

Thanks.

Hey for you other guys who posted all the #'s above, are any of those pulleys plastic? or are they steel? Which ones are plastic?

Thanks!

I believe all the Dayco numbers are Steel pulleys. The 89016 is the wider pulley that doesn't require a dust shield. If you want to use the dust shields you need to get a stainless steel washer from the hardware store to put behind it. If you don't, the dust cover could rub on the pulley itself.

I picked up 5, 7/16" stainless steel washers from a local hardware store for $1.00. Bring your bolt and pulley with you to ensure it's properly sized as it ensures a 7/16" inside hole, but the outside diamter can vary.

Back