PDA

View Full Version : Looking for AOD Trans Rebuild in Chicago Suburbs

3tbird
04-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Does anyone know a transmission rebuild shop in the Chicago area or suburbs that does a good rebuild on an AOD?

Best price and warranty found has been $775 w/converter and 15mth/15K warranty.

Need to decide soon. please advise!

Thank you!

kevenj90sc
04-12-2003, 11:01 PM
well that sounds pretty cheap......almost too cheap. The lowest price isn't always the best deal.......

Ask around of people you know or check with some local parts stores to see who the reputable trans shops in your area are. For the tranny it doesnt have to be someone particularly familiar with the SC, the AOD was widely used by ford so it shoulndt be a problem...

sail7seas
04-12-2003, 11:35 PM
When rebuilding the AOD tranny ask for a 2" OD band, as from my research it is the weakest link. $0.02

After buying 2 rebuilt trannies, my 3rd is a Lentech.com and is sweet. Search lentech on this website for customer reviews.

3tbird
04-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Shopped some more and found AZTECH in Palatine, IL. They were recommended by Midwest Transmission Core Supply in Lake Zurich, IL (Nationwide rebuilder 92 and up only)

Before having it done, I saw the rebuild area, spoke the owner on what the common issue were with the AOD.

Had them rebuild my 90 AOD with 2inch band and converter. I saw the old clutch materal as well.

The out the door price was $875 with rear main seal replacement. 15k or 15mth warranty in writting!

Ask for Ceaser or Jimmy.