questions......

MysticGohan51

ok i have a few things to say....first off i have posted on here quite a bit recently about problems with my 89 SC....and i thank everyone who helps me out.....i realize it seems i need a new ircm because my fan doesn't work unless the ircm(the black box behind the passenger headlamp) is loosely connected...then the car won't start.....then i make it tight and the car will start but the fan won't work........now also....my car wouldn't start at all when i tightened so i figured it was my starter because i thought it was a problem before...well i took it to autozone....and they said it is good...but i have heard from many people that this car is junk..that the head gaskets blow all the time for no reason and that ford made these cars very cheaply..now i haven't had a ride for about a month now.....and i am not sure what to do....its like hopeless it seems....all this computer crap on this car......i have wanted an sc for so long and i got a great deal on this from someone i knew....it was fine when i bought it...but now....i just can't figure anything out......if the IRCM is bad why does everything work at different times????like i said before the fan works when its not tight but won't start....then when its tight it will start but the fan won't work....im getting very frustrated with this vehicle....and anyone else has any ideas it would be of great help.....also another thing.....i tried taking off the damn door because my regulator was bad....i have a new one of those....but i couldn't do that either....is there something special i need to know about the driver side door.....im thinking i couldn't do it because ive been so frustrated but maybe its because there is a certain way of doing it on this car.......i hope someone can help me.....i am near buffalo ny also.....if anyone is out here and maybe i can contact you if your good with these vehicles....because i have like no money and can't afford the high prices at repair shops......thank you all for your time....

These cars aren't as bad as they might seem to you right now. If the IRCM connection is kind of flakey then it could cause the problems that you are having. Try to improve the connection before you spend the money on a new one. Can you hear the fuel pump turn on when your car won't start? I cannot remember on the older cars, but on the newer ones the fuel pump relay is in the IRCM. If it is bad or the connection is not secure, your fuel pump may not be coming on and causing the no start condition. I just went through this exact problem on one of my friend's cars. Don't worry about all the computer/electronics on the car. In the end they can help you to find the problem. Without all of it our cars would not run as strong as they are capable. One word of advice: take whatever anyone says about these cars beit an Autozone employee or a trained mechanic with a grain of salt. Many do not truly understand what makes these things tick. Post any problems you might have here and I will bet that we will be able to help you out.

You are correct about the fuel pump relay in there....and i can hear it click but it only does when it is tight....which meakes the fan not work....and i checked the connections there and they are real clean but i sprayed stuff there anyways....but it is real clean...

well i tried that.....but actually when it is connected loose.....it doesn't matter.....when the key is forward....it goes on and stays on.....

Back