Just Bought A 90SC, Need Some Help

Kris

well, my sc has a few little problems. it takes a while to start it, you have to crank it over like 2 or 3 times when its cold. when it warms up, it runs like a dream, and it starts perfect if it is warm. does anyone know what might cause this?

also, the passanger side power window doesnt roll down, but it makes noises like it is rolling down.

also, does anyone know how to connect the stock amp and sub up to the kenwood deck that is in the car now? it has rca outputs, and speaker outputs.

thanks.

As far as the starting problem it could be the cam sensor. If it is not working the DIS Module will "guess" at which of the coil packs (cylinders) to fire. Might take a few guesses to select the correct one.

I will defer to others on the additional questions.

i believe he put it on a computer or something? the check engine light comes on sonetimes i believe, when you hit the brakes i think, im not 100% sure though

As far as the power window problem I had the same thing, both sides. When I did get the motor pulled, inside the gear drive case is a metal triangle shaped thing that rides inside a plastic gear that runs worm drive from the motor. With no load on it it turns fine. Put a load on the thing and it won't drive. Whatever is supposed to hold the two together was in a zillion pieces.

Rather than trying to track down used stuff I cleaned everything up and bought some rubber grommets that fit in the notches in the plastic gear. Not the grommets with rounded edges, these are pretty much cyllindrical.

There's some play in the drive gear assembly and the rubber allows some flex so it doesn't bend the crap out of things when the window hits the top or bottom of the travel. So far so good. $3.50 instead of $35 each for junkyard window motors.

Kinda hard to provide you a Engine problem diagnosis when you can't relate the symptoms. Similar to going to a Dr. with a broken leg and telling him your head hurts. Go catalog the symptoms you have and when you get them and post back with the results.

stereo deck

have u already installed ur stereo deck yet? If u have already then hopefully things are going ok, if u haven't make sure u remove the stock deck amp bcuz if u install it w/ the amp u'll blow the deck, we almost did that to ours:eek: but we figured it out, took us awhile to find tho.

Back