Window is rubbing on something when rolling down.

91BLOWNSC

Does anyone know how to fix this, or what is the cause? I have window tint on both my passenger window AND on my drivers side window. And when rolling my window down, it seems to be dragging on something right in the middle of the window, about 1-2 inches wide, all the way down the center. There are two distinct places where the tint is basically gone and thats at the top of the middle of the window (thats the worst spot). Any ideas? or suggestions? Oh and btw, when it gets towards the bottom, the window really slows down.

There is a glass tensioner called the "Stabilizer Assembly" that keeps the window glass in the channel. On my 89 due to my stupidity and not keeping the windows clean, dirt imbeded in the tensioner and it scratched my glass over time.

As far as the slowness at one part of the range...got me on that one.

There is a bracket with felt like material that helps keep the window in place. Take your trim panels off and take the brackets out, clean them with hot soapy water or a mild degreaser. When reinstalling them mount them a little lower to put less pressure on your windows.

When you have your trim panels off I would also clean your inner beltline mouldings (rubber strip at top of door trim panel). I found that the felt material on the inside of my moulding were completely worn off, creating more friction when rolling the windows down. I did not have the money at the time to buy new mouldings so I bent the weld flange along the entire length of the window opening so the moulding does not rub the window as hard.

I have had my tint for about nine months now and can see some scratches, but its not that bad.

Make sure you get the "scratch resistant" tint on the front two. You have to ask for it, it's more durable. One of my previous fords did it, so on the lincoln I had the s/r applied to the sides, can only see where the "tensioner" is when my windows fog up a little and I roll the window down and back up.

No scratches like before.

Chris

Back