About to pickup my 89 SC 5-speed...

SilverCoupe

I'm buying a Silver on Grey leather 89 SC 5-speed late this week or next week. The car has 108,000 on it so I picked it up for $2700. For having such high miles, the body is flawless; not one dent, one chip, or even one scratch!

I do have some questions though. Do these cars haven issues with the motor-mounts often? The car I'm buying runs right, but it has some pretty noticable vibration until about 1500rpm. I thought it might have been the spark plugs or injectors at first, but after 1500rpm the vibration goes away and the car pulls hard all the way through the gear and chirps nicely into 2nd.

I was also wondering what kind of E/T I'd should expect with 3.73s, 75mm MAF & CAI, 5% S/C pulley, and exhaust (w/o headers).

Suggestion

I have a 90 SC 5 speed
I have a bunch of mods to the engine and suspension.
I've also changed the rear end gears a few times during the time I've owned this car. I started out with the stock 2.73's and changed to the 3.73's, because a Mustang shop told me I'd be happiest with those gears. BIGGEST mistake I've made because you have no 1st or 2nd gear pulling power. You shift so fast it's really crazy putting such steap gears in. I was looking at maybe going for 3.55's but most of the other SC guys said go with 3.27's and I'd be happiest. Well that's what I have in now and the combination with my other performance mods and such it just seems perfect. Don't just take my word for it... check the forums and you'll see the suggested gears for auto and/or 5 spd models. Good luck and happy SCing..
Joe Kupiszewski

Back